Texas A&M University Class of 2026

No movement, applied October 1.

1 Like

Nothing here. Applied August 1st, first choice Biomedical Science, second choice Animal Science.

2 Likes

Whoop! Congrats and Haapy birthday!!!

1 Like

@52AG82 Fall semester, College Station.

5 Likes

Congrats! You are now the 4th person I’ve heard get this offer. Crazy…I don’t ever recall hearing General Studies Full Admission offer before.

Pay the housing deposit NOW, if he wants to live on campus!

3 Likes

Thoughts on the people who have definitely decided to go somewhere other than TAMU, but still want to see if they get in for the pat on the back (daughter’s “friend” is an example). My feelings are that they should withdraw their application to open the door for others who are waiting.

6 Likes

My sons change major is still there, but no 6 tabs. What does this mean?

I don’t think that matters at this point, to be honest. Colleges know, based on their past statistics, how many students to admit and how much yield they will most likely get out of those offers. “Yield” is the number of students who accept the offer and actually attend. They admit a certain percentage of the “qualified” applicants in hopes of reaching their yield, so they will have space in classes and dorms. They have certain standards they are looking for that determine if a student is “qualified” and those will be given an offer. It wouldn’t make sense, just because someone else declines the offer, that they make more offers to less qualified students. TAMU already expects to have a certain percent of applicants decline the offer. Those not given direct admission are likely still great students, don’t get me wrong, but they will just need to take another path to get to the main campus, and TAMU knows many will be successful at doing that if it is their goal.

6 Likes

@lucielle exactly what @KleinCajun said. The students who haven’t gotten an offer yet, are not waiting for spots to open up, by someone who declines. It doesn’t work that way.

3 Likes

Thanks! That clears that up nicely @52AG82 @KleinCajun

2 Likes

What an awesome birthday gift and congratulations to your daughter!! Not to mention happy birthday!! :partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Or even earlier than 7 tabs is, when under Manage Applications, the major code got changed.

So if that’s the case, why wouldn’t those who were waitlisted previously and recently got offers just get offers to begin with? What’s the logic of offering waitlist then if you already know and have planned for your yield? Just trying to understand.

1 Like

Maybe because those students ARE on their “qualified” list and they just need more time to do their math and know how many final offers they can give out??? That would be a question for Admissions! I’m no expert for sure.

4 Likes

@ChristiR93 – First of all, thank you so much for all of your insight on this board. I’ve been following for months, and you’ve been a great source of information and positivity! We checked the Howdy this morning, and it changed for us. No 7 tabs, but the “change major” option is gone in both AIS and Howdy. Now Howdy has the following: Application Status: Under Review Level : Undergraduate Major: USLA - University Studies Program: BA-USLA-SEL Location: College Station. We applied as University Studies and it has always shown up exactly the same way. Any thoughts?

If Change Major button is gone, then PSA offer is coming shortly.

1 Like

When ‘Change Major’ button disappears, that means PSA offer to follow…

1 Like

Im not sure! I think i read that this could mean a PSA is coming. Our change major button is there but the withdraw application button is gone. I think I am going to stop checking and reading into things… its exhausting!

1 Like

Agreed :slight_smile: I need to just let the chips fall where they may . . . .

1 Like

I can’t find this on my son’s Howdy, but did find this:

Curriculum Information Primary Curriculum
Program: BLA LAND
Catalog Term: Fall 2022 - College Station
Level: Undergraduate
Campus: College Station
College: Architecture
Degree: Bachelor of Landscape Arch.

Major: Landscape Architecture
Department: Land Arch & Urban Planning

It now has 14 tabs in HOWDY and his AIS says the following: