Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@FriscoDad , true on ranking. Although we have put in a deposit for housing and are parallelly planning for Plan B, I don’t want to give up just yet. I emailed the Professor at TAMU that that we met back in Summer and was advised to wait until all decisions are out. Even they are surprised that there has been absolutely no movement on his app, he hasn’t been offered any options either.

1 Like

University of Oklahoma does not charge a housing deposit and University of Arkansas just refunded our housing deposit less $49

2 Likes

Yes. One thing is professor can’t interfere with freshmen application, but they can for transfer so keeping contact is good. So plan B as Blinn Breham should be a breeze for your son.

I stand corrected TAMU Maths department is one of the top in the world, not just US. I still believe your son should be getting decision before spring break.

3 Likes

@Gillian28 wow! We paid non-refundable deposits at the schools my Aggie applied to.

Yep, for the old academic admit you needed at least a 660 verbal and total of 1360 (or was it 1380?) and first quarter.

1 Like

Kind of like Reading 620+ Maths and 660+ on Writing for old academic admit.

1 Like

That sounds about right. My Aggie was admitted in 2019, but was Top Ten% and had test scores, so I didn’t pay that much attention.

@FriscoDad , that is correct. The Professor/s said he is a good candidate for the department and transfer is always an option if it does not happen this time around but I know my son does not to move around too much so he probably will will go to UTD. You are right, the Professors or even the Head of the Department have no say in Freshman application process.

1 Like

I think the fat lady is singing for my son. His change major button just disappeared. Looks like he will be accepting his Blinn-Brenham Engineering Academy offer this weekend. Thanks for all the advise and info from everyone on this forum. Having a sense of what to expect in terms of timing and chances really helps deal with this stressful process (at least for the holistic reviews).

8 Likes

For those admitted off the waitlist recently, could you confirm if given 1st/2nd choice major? Or if full, asked to select a 3rd choice from a list of available majors? This is what a couple applicants have reported on reddit. Could you share / screen shot was majors are on that list? I think that would be very interesting to the group here.

1 Like

Has anyone in the first quarter been offered PSA?

@ashill77 Sorry the pix are sideways but here’s the list. Quite limited choices. DS’s first and second choice majors were full.

7 Likes

After waiting 6 months (applied Sept 16th), my son just received PSA. He is excited but has some tough decisions to make as there are some good back up plans. Good luck to everyone and appreciate the info on this thread.

5 Likes

1st quarter students are now getting psa. With really decent test scores too. The competition is so tough but that will make our kids tougher!!

Feel your feels then get to work on the next step. Whatever that looks like. Happy to chat about it once you’re ready.

3 Likes

My son (class of 2025) is in the Engineering Academy. He is thriving and has found ‘his people’. They form study groups and hang out outside of school all the time. It can be a two year program, he will transition to College Station after 3 semesters. The advisors are great, and they are assigned a mentor that they meet with several times a semester. They go to main campus a few times a semester as well. A few weeks ago, they went for the career fair and made a few contacts. Let me know if you have any question. I’m happy to answer them.

6 Likes

I need help! I have been following this forum for almost a year, son’s AIS still in review. Applied ME as first choice in August, the only communication from A&M was an email about documentation for engineering and Team but no actual offer. Frustration is an understatement!

2 Likes

I assume “ME” you meant Mechanical Engineering.

Many don’t receive direct email communication so having one was a good sign! That meant your application was under review.

Full admission to engineering “may be” full, but TEAB may still have a few. If you review this thread for a while you already know what TEAB is.

If your “change major” button is still there, it really just means under review, or in rare case the Admission office might leave out the application.

I just PM you a message, if you can reply with a screenshot of that email I may be able to direct you to call someone to follow up.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your prompt support, I know I should have asked earlier…I will have my son call that person immediately after he gets off school.

What does it mean for an engineering applicant if my change major button just disappeared about an hour ago?

It could mean PSA coming.

1 Like