Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Shouldn’t be a problem to get a bed in White Creek. As a freshman, she will have classes all over campus, probably most on Main campus, and she’ll have to catch RELLIS bus from Main Campus, also, for TEAM classes.
But the White Creek kids figure out how to adjust for transportation time. I love the White Creek Café and store, too.

4 Likes

My son was able to pay the housing deposit even before AIS updated, so I would try it now. Also, congrats to your daughter!

Housing is usually already open even if it hasn’t updated. Most people do it as soon as they get the 7 tabs. Have you tried opening up the housing?

1 Like

We’ve tried, but it won’t let her in. She keeps getting an error code. We’ll keep trying, as I’m praying it is not a glitch in the system.

1 Like

When my son got Blinn Team, he saw 7 tabs on Howdy at 7:30 am, then AIS updated the Congratulations message by 2:30pm that same day, so I feel confident you will see something update today. :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

We have 7 tabs also…got them on Friday. Cannot open the housing portal either…error code too. AIS has not updated. Same boat as you!

1 Like

Hi, I’m an international freshman applying to TAMU for Fall '22, and I was wondering if anyone got an email as well after being admitted to Blinn/PSA/Full Admit?
Also does anyone know of any international students who’ve already heard back?
I’m applying for Psychology, and most of the other applicants I’ve heard of are either Engineering, Bio or Computer Science, so I’m wondering if the spots for Psych are filled as well. Thx!

Psychology is full. And I only know of one international student that received admissions back in January, I believe.

Have you had any movement since you applied?

Nope nothing since November. My second choice major is Sociology though, so is it possible they’re considering me for a full admit in Sociology instead?
I would think that if both were full and they didn’t want to offer any other pathways they would have rejected me much sooner, but no changes so far.

We still have no changes either. Mays and Ag Business are first and second choices. I have been assured many times that major won’t matter for acceptance. If you are accepted and your majors are full they will give you a list of open majors to choose from. I hope that is the case. Still hoping for Blinn Team or Gateway.

7 Likes

I have also been told that you’re accepted into the university first and then the major. I am confused by this as engineering students are on a different admission schedule and seem to receive placement first after auto-admits. I haven’t seen many bio review applicants admitted at all.

Full rejections go out last. Sociology is full as well. I’m sorry. Applying international late… in November, test optional, is tough.

We’re still waiting too…Wildlife/Fisheries and 2nd is Zoology. Still in review, no movement since October.

What majors aren’t full? Seems like a lot are. My kid still has heard nada, and at this point, picking something that’s a 3rd choice or below might be tough - that is, considering she gets offered something she’s willing to take. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

@cardiqueen posted these screenshots several days ago, majors that were still available. Of course, this could’ve changed since then.

2 Likes

Exactly. Someone on Reddit said he/she was told by admissions last week that most majors were full except health and biology.

Biology appears to be full, according to the lists I posted above.

I see. That’s interesting!

1 Like

Hubby and son will be visiting TAMU for an Engineering Info session next week and will do a self-guided tour (guided tours were already full for those dates). Any advice on places/restaurants to visit that would be most representative of life as a TAMU Engineer student?
I read that TAMU will be on Spring Break next week. We tried to accommodate dates but my son has been so busy with his ECs, it’s been impossible to fit all of his visits on official admitted student days. Will the campus be a complete ghost town next week? TIA!

@Beyou2022 it is A&M spring break next week. Campus will definitely be sparse. However, we always love to visit over Christmas break-you can easily park, walk around, drive thru campus, etc…something you can’t do while school is going on.
Century Square is just across University from the Zachry complex; grab breakfast there one morning. Eat at Wings n More (Texas Ave or University locations), grab coffee at Sweet Eugene’s, walk around the H‑E‑B on Texas Ave, drive around downtown Bryan, eat a nice meal at Gate12, shop at Aggieland Outfitters or CC Warehouse for Aggie gear, go in the MSC on campus (bookstore, food court, piano room, banquet rooms upstairs), walk around Kyle Field. Drive to the new Brookshire Brothers, located in front of Park West-super fun Aggie atmosphere! Download the A&M app-huge wealth of information! Also stop by Rosenthal Meat on West Campus (check hours). Campus is huge, driving around is a great way to see many things.
Don’t go with the mindset of being an ‘Engineering student’, your student is an Aggie 1st! :+1:t3:

5 Likes