Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I thought you said in another post your daughter was an honors student at UH and she applied for transfer. What am I missing?

College of Science is always late you can see a few days ago @cardiqueen posted the majors for students to pick, most are science or small majors. Pure science majors like Phy/Chem/Bio/Math/Stat also have Blinn Team contracts so tallying the total need some coordination with Blinn.

Adding the fact that the president of TAMU is planning to merge three colleges (Science, Geoscience and Liberal Arts) by an aggressive deadline of September 1, 2022 definitely complicate the allocation of resources.

5 Likes

Thank you! Still crossing my fingers!

2 Likes

My niece is in the honors college at UH. My daughter is a senior.

Where do you get the info on merging colleges by 9/1/2022?

1 Like

It was from the new site they created for “the Path Forward”. Quick-Look Assessment | Office of the President | Texas A&M University There you can click on the link to the letter from the president.

Below is image of page 5.

4 Likes

@JBAR1 Thanks for sharing. So the admissions office is giving no new information :disappointed:. I’m dying here!!!

3 Likes

Oooh 2 different peeps. Lol great. Congrats!!

1 Like

Hope you get in! From cardiqueen posting a few days ago, it looks like English is still open so that’s good.

3 Likes

Wow. I can see this causing some delays in the admission process for some majors. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I heard staff are diverted to work on updating signs, merging and moving offices, updating stationaries… Class of 2027 will be quite unpredictable.

3 Likes

@FriscoDad , Thanks for the info. I hope and pray they let the kids know by Friday, before Spring Break.

3 Likes

I am confused why TAMU calls their admissions “rolling”. From the Princeton Review definition of rolling, “ Colleges with rolling admissions evaluate applications as they are received versus waiting to evaluate all applications after a hard deadline. Schools will continue to evaluate applications until they’ve filled all the slots for their incoming class.” And even claims, “ The rolling admission process is quick. The earlier you apply, the sooner you get your answer, which could be as soon as 4-6 weeks after submitting your application. ”

I submitted early August. I have heard absolutely nothing. This is not rolling admissions. I’m getting increasingly frustrated. And I’m sorry- I have tried to be positive for months. Literally had no idea I would not know anything until March. Had I known, I wouldn’t have rushed my application. Admissions needs some changing. A lot of changing. I’m kind of at my last straw here. And very disappointed with TAMU.

8 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Agreed!

2 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that way! I understand where you’re coming from and I definitely faced similar sentiments as well, however, this is still rolling admissions as they don’t necessarily wait for anything to release decisions. If I am correct they review applications at least twice before coming to a decision. In the end it all does boil down to your ranking, GPA, and test scores; some receive decisions as early as 3 weeks and some it takes months. I hope good decisions come for you soon and what’s meant to happen does!!

1 Like

My daughter still has her change major button on her portal but no movement. She’s too quarter (top 11.2%) and crickets. Very frustrating and scary!

2 Likes

Is she a science major?

Rolling admissions by definition should not take 8 months. I am totally frustrated. With a 1330 SAT, 3.68UW GPA, barely 2nd qtr(which I still think shouldn’t count against me) and have heard of many applicants with lower stats get admitted. Something is off here. And it’s not fair. Yeah… today I’m really feeling burnt orange :frowning:

4 Likes

No - applied for Liberal Arts Psychology or Sociology - but according to a previous post is being merged with that department

1 Like