Texas A&M University Class of 2026

It’s like the movie Groundhog Day…same here

4 Likes

Do y’all ever wonder if spilled coffee on our application and just moved on to the next one?

4 Likes

At this point I would completely believe that this happened.

1 Like

Pretty sure they’re using ours for toilet paper at this point

1 Like

A week or two !!! So may not know by Spring Break…Sigh :sweat:
Applied end of Sept and nothing has changed.

1 Like

Waitlist and Blinn TEAM, no change today at all. Just for people reading this years into the future to find out when things happen – today is March 9th. And, we’ve had no movement since January when we were given the choices. Bio Major Freshman applicant.

4 Likes

When you say he was a wait listed In January Does that mean he got an email asking if he was willing to be a Blinn candidate?

i am not familiar with waitlist process. Did you apply and later get notice you could be on a waitlist for Blinn Team?

He got Blinn-Brenham. The process for it is completely different than Blinn-Bryan which is contained in the regular TAMU application process. For Blinn Brenham (along with the other locations), you apply to the CC directly indicating that you want engineering or the academy and once they accept you and evaluate you for the engineering academy, they send you a link to do a separate (abbrieviated) application to TAMU. 4-6 weeks later after filling out the TAMU application A&M will come back with the offer.

1 Like

Some people had an AIS update in January asking them to choose either Waitlist, TEAM, or both. The people who chose TEAM got a TEAM offer pretty soon after that. A few of the people who chose both have a TEAM offer, but most are still waiting. We have no idea if it is a good thing or a bad thing to have the options versus not getting the options and still being in Review. Some people who never got the options have since received either TEAM or full admit.

I am wondering why some people get the team/waitlist offer and some don’t. I didn’t get the offer at all and have been in review since applying in August. Im bio, first quarter, test-optional, school leadership, volunteer and with a part-time job.

2 Likes

It’s the Biology curse! I know several BIO major kids with higher academic stats (and solid EC’s, etc) than many already admitted to other majors and they are still waiting.

3 Likes

Pre-nursing. She has the dorm of her choice, she knows who her assigned roommate is, etc. Her plan b is not necessarily a bad plan b. I had to force her to even tour Tarleton last spring because she has been dead set on A&M for as long as I can remember. She does like Tarleton but my brother-in-law, who is an Aggie brainwashed her at a very early age. :woman_facepalming:

I think the Brenham Engineering Academy is a great option. We actually did a virtual session tour thing of it and seems like a really nice program with a nice dorm. If anyone is looking for an engineering option that gets them to main campus eventually, then check out Brenham. I believe you can still apply.

1 Like

:smile: I have to confess that we probably brainwashed our daughter too. My husband and I met at A&M and our daughter’s first visit was when she was 1 month old. I think she’d do fine at Tarleton but her only bias is that her ex is a Sophomore there and she’s afraid of running into him.

2 Likes

Messaged you!

It’s been a roller coaster of excited anticipation and apprehension in our house as I’m sure it’s been in y’all’s.
As of yesterday her AIS/Howdy remain unchanged. The “no news = good news” has her hopeful though.

5 Likes

Same here — all of those feelings in our house.

3 Likes

What’s her major? I’m bio.

First choice- English
Second choice-History

2 Likes