Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Oh! I hadn’t been checking Howdy. I had just been checking the AIS. I just checked. She has those 6 tabs too. I don’t know how long they’ve been there. :woman_shrugging: :grinning:

3 Likes

I mentioned listing dorm choices, not Engineering. Tho it is listed on the TAMU website about entering as General Engineering, not a secret.

Yay and I’m going to assume they just got there today with the first wave of auto admits! Yay and congrats!

1 Like

I agree, it should be spelled out on the application for engineering. All general for year one. I believe there is one that doesn’t have ETaM. It’s a BA in computing, I think, but in engineering dept.

I will say that this is the first time I remember seeing people being surprised by this so I’m wondering if they used to do this somehow.

I have reviewed admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply
and majors, where high school students normally deep dive. No where it says you are all going into General Engineering. Application is the most ideal place to specify all engineering majors entering into General Engineering. IT IS A NON TRANSPARENT PROCESS. Fools so many students.

You are drawing analogy with housing, then saying you did not say engineering. Great!

1 Like

Many engineering programs have adopted this process. It has improved retention.

2 Likes

Did your student attend any admissions or engineering presentations at A&M? They speak very openly about it. It is also listed under the 1st year curriculum. Bachelor of Science | Texas A&M University Engineering (tamu.edu)

2 Likes

Information will be mentioned somewhere, but how transparent it is. This One Year Curriculum info deep inside Aerospace Dept, should have been placed in Freshman admission section or in Application under major selection. Why students are asked to choose major if that is not what it is? I looked at 2025 forum, so many students were confused as well.

Got the same change here. What does BAC mean? it says under degree.

@tomr512 I have a Mays student, so trust me, I’m not defending the TAMU Engineering dept or process.
It is listed on the TAMU website. If it isn’t listed on the actual application, it should be. Every college guidance counselor is aware of the ETAM process.

1 Like

I just pulled that one as an example because it was at the top of the list. I have multiple engineering students at A&M. It was very clear with each that they would start out in general engineering. They also all got their 1st choice, so it was not a big deal.

1 Like

This choice is between college station, Blinn, Galvaston Engg… It was there in app. It is not major choice.

I do know that Galveston will have a 4 year Computer Science program starting fall 2022. This will bypass the Etam also I’m assuming.

1 Like

Have 6 tabs as of today as well…

1. applied 8/18
  2. top 10%
  3. engineering
  4. in-state
6 Likes

I think BAC means baccalaureate degree, so just a college bachelor’s degree.

2 Likes

I have already received Admission to Computer science at UT Dallas and the University of Houston. So won’t risk taking a chance with A&M.

1 Like

Well we know your essays were solid!!! Lol

1 Like

Thanks! Thought it would be BS - bachelor of science

I’m pretty sure it stands for bachelors degree.

Thanks!