Texas A&M University Class of 2026

so means probably PSA? If so kind of wish we had known that at least a month ago. This is ridiculous. Bad process. TAMU is a fantastic school but regardless if we get in or not they need some serious help in procedures and transparency on the process and roll up. this is a cluster! My oldest is at UT and it was totally different!

3 Likes

I think the general consensus is maybe PSA, but no one can say that 100%. Unfortunately, to know for sure, we will have to see what that means for everyone.

Lost change major button like so many and nothing yet in AIS to say what the decision is.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

A poll from the Reddit site.

I just have a hard time believing that TAMU is denying that many students with great stats with spots left… I guess we shall see.

2 Likes

I agree

there’s a message box in the AIS under “contact us” where you can ask a question. I’ve been trying to get my daughter to do the same!

I’m in a facebook group and several have received full admission in the last few days. It’s all over the place from what I’m hearing

I agree, I’m getting very disappointed in TAMU.

@coopercuffe it has been said that 50k-ish applied to A&M, and freshman class will most likely be 11-12k. That means a LOT of kids, many with high stats, won’t be getting in. There’s simply not enough room to accept everyone.

But I absolutely agree that TAMU needs a better system for notification.

3 Likes

we should be positive though and try not to stress…

Any idea if their change major buttons disappeared?

Still no change from two days ago… If they wanted to send out PSAs why are they hanging onto a decision for so long? It’s not fair to keep thousands of students in limbo like this, nor does it say anything good about their processes and procedures. Plus there’s no way to predict any decision any more, as people are getting full admits even now. It just encourages hope and an inevitable fall for so many students. I realize they have a lot of applications, but it’s been months.
Sorry for the mini rant, but TAMU is really frustrating this cycle!

6 Likes

Son Received psa letter. He’s very down. So we’ll see everyone later.

1 Like

I hope he’ll be okay soon! Does he have other colleges that he’s willing to go to?

If TAMU is the goal, Engineering Academies application is still open now.

Engineering Academies go through the same ETAM process as College Station Engineering Freshmen. Note that even your student’s interest is computer science, the ETAM year is all about Calculus, Chemistry and Physics. Getting 3.8+GPA will get computer science.

2 Likes

@Tomi_Johnson so sorry!!

I am on vacation y’all so won’t be posting as much - but just checked - apparently it’s a habit now and I’m obsessed- and no longer have change major button in both Howdy and AIS - before it was just Howdy. I guess PSA is near for me. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

@AnnKiVe , same here. Change Major gone from both manage my app and AIS as of this morning. Guess mass rejection is rolling out. Best wishes to you :heart:

@ALN oh no… you guys too? Well… the fat lady hasn’t sang yet- so we can’t say for sure. But it’s nice they did this on the weekend so we can all wonder​:face_with_raised_eyebrow::weary: Hopefully we won’t have to wait until Monday to get the final decision….

1 Like