Texas A&M University Class of 2026

My son has that I just checked. I don’t know how long that has been there. I wonder what that means? No 6 tabs. He is a review admit also.

2 Likes

Ok, interesting. My son is in the same class of 2022 and he is auto admit and his still says “Under Review,” but he does have 6 tabs.

I haven’t seen that before. I just checked and my son has that note of “Admission Offered” in that same location. He is an OOS review admit. No 6 tabs.

1 Like

@jhauser , is your son applying for Engineering?

My daughter is, and she’s an Auto Admit with 6 tabs. Her Application Status on that same screen says “Under Review” too. I suspect it’s because she’s under Engineering Review.

For those with “Admission Offered” but no 6 tabs, perhaps the Six-Tab-Button-Pusher lady is out sick.

4 Likes

My son applied as a Biology Major. As far as I know from here, and the other students in our school, no one has officially heard beyond having the 6 tabs. I am excited for those under review though, that they might hear soon. And I agree, the 6 tabs lady might possibly be in quarantine for a few days;)

2 Likes

In AIS there is a tab at the top which says “My Communications” and under that “My Letters”, that is where you will see a copy of any letter generated to you and is where my son’s acceptance letter was.

I can remember the stress of waiting and I was expecting a long wait since they removed the academic admit category but was very pleasantly surprised. Here is hoping your wait is a short one too!

I just checked my daughter’s Howdy portal and she also has “Admission Offered” under Application Status but still only 3 tabs. She is homeschooled (assigned top 25% ranking) so a review admit. Don’t know how long it has been there. Nothing under Communications except the acknowledgement of receipt of the application.

did you submit test scores?

@fishfamx4 Same with my son! He was an Academic Admit. Currently a junior. My daughter is flustered that they got rid of this admissions pathway. Aren’t we all! Hopefully we all get good news soon.

2 Likes

what test scores did your son have?

Yes. SAT 1310. At the Admissions presentation we attended last spring, the TAMU admissions counselor advised us to submit an SAT score above 1300.

Does this mean I got in…it says admission offered?

1 Like

Same. No 6 tabs, but it says “Application Status: Admission Offered.” Just like the others – holistic review (Top 13%). Major is Construction Science (College of Architecture). Surely this is good news, right? We have never checked this Manage Application page before, so no idea what it said prior to today.

I have twins who have applied. Both are review One would have previously been an automatic academic admit. TAMU is a reach school for my second twin. I expect my higher ranked twin to be admitted to TAMU fairly soon (high rank, high score, Eagle Scout). I have told my other twin he may not hear until March (lower rank, decent but not high score, Eagle Scout). BOTH of them have “admission offered” in their manage application area of Howdy. I would be shocked if my lower ranking twin was offered admission this soon. Not at all confident that “admission offered” means they are “in”. Just my two cents.

1 Like

We have the same. Admission Offered. I want to be hopeful but I’m afraid it’s an error😬

@Texas231343 how many tabs do have on your Howdy portal? This is what you want, 6 tabs-

We would never have looked there without your post, but my daughter has that too! Still 3 tabs though. Mine is also a review admit.

We have the same “admission offered” but we are review admit and just applied a few weeks ago. So I can’t see them reviewing and accepting this fast. No 6 tabs yet.

1 Like

For those that are “Review admit” and has the “admission offered”, did you apply with test scores or without test scores (test optional)? My son has 1270 on his SAT (top 20%, in-state) and is making another attempt of SAT this October. Can we wait until he gets his Oct. SAT scores and then apply or apply now with 1270 or apply without scores (test optional) now? Please advise.

1 Like