Texas A&M University Class of 2026

My son applied with test scores.

@Texan4Med what majors will he be applying for? Remember that many students applied August 1, so the earlier you apply the better.
A lot will depend on the major.

I applied with test scores.

My son applied with a 1420- review admit has the “admission offered” but no tabs. I would have your son apply with the 1270 which is a solid score (that’s what my daughter had, not even top 25% and she got in everywhere she applied, cap’d at UT)- then take the test again. They will take the highest. In my opinion, the early bird gets the worm.

1 Like

My daughters does not say that but she has the 6 tabs and was able to complete phase 1 of housing. Hers still has under review in that section.

My son’s is ranked 16%, applied Aug. 1st, and his Howdy also says Admission Offered. Has anyone in past years ever noticed this? Maybe it’s just something that is normally there and we are reading into it too much? I don’t want to put the cart before the horse, so to speak.

To find it, log in to Howdy, go to the Applicant tab, then click the Manage Applications link. Here’s a screenshot from my phone view.

I typed the original post and this is a student of mine, not my son, but she did apply with test scores and she had a 1280. I have never noticed this before, and I have a son that’s auto admit this year that does not have this, but does have the 6 tabs. I also have an older son who was admitted 2020 and I do not remember this in the threads, but we need a veteran to confirm. I am praying it is not just a “glitch” because this would be very hard on these students that have already seen this.

2 Likes

I would send a 1270. I am not an expert, just teach seniors and based on last year’s admits, I would send that.

Seems like everyone with the “admission offered” notice are strong review applicants. My son is 10-20%, 35 ACT, Eagle Scout, etc, with that notification also. I am thinking the “admission offered” means they qualified for admission, but location (CS/Blinn) and major have yet to be decided. Or it could mean straight up admission to major for strong review applicants. DS is excited so I hope for the latter.

Have the same message. Previously said “Under Review”. DS applied with test scores on Aug. 1. Don’t have 6 tabs and AIS say complete and under review.

DS has SAT score of 1360. Being an international student I am surprised to see the “admission offered” notification. Fingers crossed…

My son would be top 10% but is OOS so is a review admit, 35 ACT, etc. and has that “admission offered” note in manage applications (no 6 tabs). His specifically says which major, degree program of BS, and location as College Station. Did your son’s not have the location and major and degree listed?

Yes, and thanks for asking and letting me know your son’s status. Good to hear. So yes, it’s possible they were both directly admitted to their major. It’s just awfully early for review admits to see that though, so I’m wondering if major hasn’t officially been decided for review admits, and that’s maybe why we don’t see the 6 tabs yet? I don’t know. My son’s major is very small, they accept less than 500 I believe, so I could see them wanting to hold off on review applicants for now, but maybe my son is just so unbelievably awesome they want to take him now! (and yours, too!) :grinning: :pray:

2 Likes

Has anyone that did not submit test scores and/or not in the top quarter get the “Admission Offered” message?

Good question. If anyone has the “admission offered” notice who are not in top quarter or didn’t submit test scores, please let us know.

DS submitted sat but it was average 1250.

Top quarter- 15%

People who were admitted last week are getting in to housing today. I’m getting an error message. Could that be a tell tale? Does housing open for everyone at the same time?

My daughter got an error message for housing, too.

OMG Dutchie… it’s Aggimemomhelp with a nickname! Good to “see” you.