Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Thank you

I called admissions as well and specifically asked if it was an error (asked the question a few different ways). All the person would say is that official decisions come through AIS but she didn’t say it was an error.

4 Likes

I think you’ll be significantly disappointed. We have friends who have lived in Austin Callaway. It is lovely! Very ‘concierge’ feeling, beautiful views, fills up fast, etc.
CS Callaway is a lot of Blinn kids who didn’t get into A&M, heavy on wild greek life, I don’t think the move-in service is offered, roommate match can be a total crapshoot. Some love it, many have complaints. Just being honest. It is super convenient for Kyle Field, Blue Bell Park and Olsen Field!

My daughter reached out to the Honor Scholar admissions counselor to ask about this and was told that the school has an internal process that cross references applications and the NMSF list, and they will update the system without anything additional needing to be done by the student. I hope this is accurate!

They have said the same about the “6 tabs” each year too. Just stay positive. I tend to lean in the direction of Sunflowergirl4. They are starting to go through the holistic kids now. My experience with this site and with most all questions such as this that have been asked of admissions is that ‘nothing is official until you see it in AIS’.

4 Likes

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your information! All that really matters to me, more than the university or major, is that my children get a guaranteed private bedroom and private bathroom. If it is not guaranteed, my children will not go to that university. For my DS, A&M is his first choice. As a freshman, I wanted something that would have meals easily accessible. Since there’s no guarantee of a private bedroom private bathroom on campus, and no other living arrangement that has food easily accessible, Callaway fit the bill. Has a private apartment, there’s only 4 of them. He’s not greek, nor my LH, but they deal with it. There was a greek freshman who died there a few years ago, Blinn, right before school started. :sleepy:

2 Likes

yes. This is what they do for college board scholars too.

Should add immunocompromised, which is why private is so important to us. No guarantee of vaccination in any potential roommate.

3 Likes

@ElsiesMom , I can confirm that I received similar info.

Back in August, when we were filling out the Scholarship Application, there was a question about being a National Merit scholar. Since no one knew who made the cutoff at that point, I emailed the TAMU Scholarship office and their reply was:

“Our office does not use the self-reported National Merit status. If a student is recognized as a National Scholar then the National Merit corporation will report that information directly to the school the student chooses as their first choice in the spring of their senior year.”

2 Likes

Yep, I recall that death…beyond tragic.
Callaway is definitely a great location! Especially for sporting events!
I don’t blame ya, guaranteed bedroom/bathroom is huge. No way that can be guaranteed on campus, except White Creek has never filled up (until this year).
Good luck with TAMU admission :crossed_fingers:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

Status changed back to under review

I think Admissions is trying to correct whatever was going on today on the Howdy portal (under Applicant → Manage Applications) because now it says “Under Review.”! Oh, well, that was interesting while it lasted. Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.59.21 AM|690x295

1 Like

Boo!

1 Like

Now we can all go back to obsessively looking for the 6 tabs!!

3 Likes

Same :frowning:

Just please…no one call admission about the 6 tabs. It has always been a ‘secret sign’ and would be sad to lose that too. Shhhhhhh…

10 Likes

Ugh my son’s went back to “under review”. Still hoping that was a sign.

I had a feeling that it may have been a mistake, but it was still nice to see and I’m sad to see it go. Lol.

1 Like

I guess my follow up question then is what about the Brown Scholarship? Brown is limited to NMSF. But, NMF is not final until after Brown Scholars are selected, and NMF, as to college choice, is self-selecting.

I am sure TAMU would adjust scholarships accordingly. In fact, I know someone who was named either McFadden or Lechner, and during the summer was awarded PES (President’s Endowed). Makes sense now-I bet there were a few that may have shifted, opening up spots in PES.

1 Like