Texas A&M University Class of 2026

So to make sure that I am reading your post correctly. - You are not aware of / have not seen a Top 10% admit NOT get into engineering after the review period? I understand some may get into Blinn etc. Just want to make sure I am understanding.

No, not on this board which I followed last year and three years ago (engineering). I had the same concerns three years ago but never heard of an auto admit NOT getting into engineering. There is probably exceptions - someone top 10% but not focusing on math/science in HS and not doing well on math/science tests but I haven’t heard of any.

Looking forward to your good news soon!!

I know one specifically. Top 2% but didn’t do well on sat. Did blinn academy and will graduate in dec. but agree, that is few and far between.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 - I noticed there were lots of Top 10%s reporting their acceptances and 6 tabs last week, but today it seems extremely quiet. Does this mean anything? Is the first wave complete and might the next be 1st quarter holistic reviews? :crossed_fingers:t2: I guess I’m asking is it normal to see a pause for a few days then more action. This wait seems more stressful than it did with my first Aggie; maybe because there was still academic admission and we knew where she stood or because without social media we just didn’t know about everyone else’s acceptance. It’s also a little more stressful since we home/private schooled our last and now there’s no longer the clear cut benchmark to reach. I’m somewhat confident her scores and academic rigor will get her there, but there’s always that little doubt because so many other exceptionally bright kiddos are applying right along with you. Just anxiously awaiting with all the other 1st quartile parents. :joy: I guessing a whole bunch of us have homeschooled.

2 Likes

Oh this is totally typical. I posted a timeline from last year somewhere on this forum (last week). The top qtr with high scores began hearing a few weeks after. Then a week after that we saw some more movement.

Hang in there! It’ll work out!

1 Like

My son is top 4% with 6 tabs but no official “congratulations” letter. I am stressed about that so I hope the 1st wave is not over yet.

@shootmenowplease is he able to register for Housing? Last week, students with 6 tabs were able to register for Housing before acceptance letter showed up in their AIS.

He’s accepted. Jump on housing now.

2 Likes

no, I get an error message when I try

I get an error message when I try to do it

Tell your student to keep trying. Last week my friend had 6 tabs for days, maybe even a week, before Housing finally opened. They didn’t get acceptance letter until late that afternoon in AIS. Housing opened very early, like 7:00 a.m. when it finally did open.

When will I get my banner in the mail? I got accepted on Thursday.

Congrats! My daughter was accepted on Thursday, too, and we still have not received the banner in the mail. I was expecting it yesterday, since we are about two hours from College Station. Maybe today!

The banner can take several weeks

1 Like

It did say to apply for scholarships when applying for admittance, but the scholarship application was still open for a month. My son applied for admittance the first week of August and for scholarships sometime in September. He did receive a scholarship from the Engineering dept.

4 Likes

Can you define excellent test scores? I’m just curious what people consider the excellent range?

My son also applied August first with test scores in first Quartile but still says under review on his manage applications portion of howdy. There is also a note under manage applications that something that went out for graduates also went out to undergraduates and was a mistake. His is in yellow highlighted on the actual howdy page. So who knows but if your son gets in this quick that would be amazing. The wait is so hard.
In state
30ACT
4.22GPA
Strong Resume, tons of leadership ( has his own successful charity)
Three Varsity Sports/ Captain
Applied August 1
Still in review
Aerospace Engineering Major

2 Likes

1400 and above

1 Like

Congrats on the scholarship!!!

That’s great! How were you notified about the department scholarship? Edit: Oops. Sorry I just saw your son is not a current applicant, but a previous applicant and current student. I thought he just applied and received scholarship info already.