Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Message she got on SRAR page once she submitted the application:

Still waiting on an unofficial transcript from the high school, which I assume is needed to get an updated class rank for the self-reported academic record (SRAR). I assume my son cannot apply until the SRAR is done, right? So, now I’m wondering how some folks know updated class rank. Perhaps their high schools are just quicker (smaller??), while large high schools are just slower to provide that info. Is there something we are missing? This is our oldest, so we are rookie parents with all this.

SRAR is required to be turned in by 12/15/21. SRAR cannot be submitted to TAMU until student has access to Applicant Information System (AIS, colloquially), which is about a week after the app is received by TAMU. Student will receive information to the email address they have on application with respect to student ID and setting up AIS.

3 Likes

We are having major issues with Apply Texas. We have filled out the scholarship section (multiple times) and saved it. Each time we go back in it is blank. Is anyone else having this issue?

@sunflowergirl4 We did at first but then DD started just saving the page every few minutes and it then seemed to stick. I hope that helps.

@Dad3. We did save each page as well. When we got out and went back it to make sure it was there before we submitted, it was entirely blank.

Same thing with us. Have tried over and over.

1 Like

I have twins. One we submitted and one we didn’t because of blank scholarship screen. I’m thinking my twin who submitted first probably submitted blank pages because I am unable to see it as submitted. Very frustrating x2!!!

She just was able to save without losing her essays.

I have been following this site for awhile but first time post. My younger son wants to join his older brother (Class of '23) to be an Aggie. We are OOS and he is most likely to be a NMSF. Currently he has SAT 1530, ACT 35, GPA UW 3.97. W 4.405. 7 AP classes (five 5s and two 4s), will have 6 AP in his senior year. Several club members and founder of one club. Volunteer since 9th grade until COVID hits, total over 500 hours. Worked for 2 summer breaks. No sports, no music, no major award. Our school district website has been down since June, so we can’t get his senior year schedule and counselor’s information. But we will try to apply as soon as we have all the information. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Does A&M equally consider all four section scores on the ACT? Are there certain sections that are prioritized?

Holy nuggets. I think your son will be just fine with those academics.

1 Like

They look at composite score. English and math are more important, but since no academic admits, it’s not as pressing. An overall score greater than 30 will be considered good with top 25% ranking. The higher the better for both for a faster acceptance.

2 Likes

one more…if my son is top 11% is that somehow shown on his app or is he just listed as top 25%? seems a pretty group to not break it down more specifically.

thanks for helping all of us nervous parents! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve been super helpful during my older son’s process. Thank you!

It will lump you in as top 25% but they see the acgj ranking… like 59 out of 580.

11% is awesome. Great job.

Happy to help! It’s such a process. Such a great group on this forum. Lots of positivity and knowledge!

Is Mayes an auto admit again this fall if you’re in the top 10% and apply before the class fills up? I’m encouraging my top 10% East TX nephew to apply early to business.

Yes. If top 10% and applies early, then yes, they will get it. There is not an additional review process. Stay on him. He will probably listen to an aunt more than their mom/dad. Lol

2 Likes

My daughter is in state, top 5%, SAT 1390, 4.0 UW, 5.52 W, Mays Business applicant. Unfortunately, due to a busy summer schedule, she is just starting her essays now. Do you think Mays will still be available if she doesn’t submit her application until early September?