Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Still 3 stupid tabs staring back at me.

Can some one share what does the all 6 tabs look like.

When do you think the review candidates will start to hear back? Even if my son isn’t in that first wave it will be exciting when it starts happening!

Looking at the list from last year that she posted, I was predicting yesterday! It was the same day of the week that the auto admits heard- 3 weeks later.
So it has now been 3 weeks since that Friday everyone was posting they had 6 tabs.

2 Likes

My fingertips are getting numb and callused from looking at CC, Reddit, FB and checking my daughter’s Howdy so many times a day. I probably have some type of Compulsive Prospective Aggie Parent disorder that can only be cured by 6 tabs. :joy: I’m sure I’m not the only one with this condition. Come on TAMU - Help us out. My birthday is Monday and there’s no better gift I can think of!

5 Likes

Same! I have the syndrome! :joy: What Reddit forum so you follow? I could use another one to stalk!

2 Likes

/TAMUadmissions and /aggies

My only regret choosing the homeschool and private school came after realizing TAMU no longer had academic admissions so my daughter couldn’t qualify for top 10 auto admit. I’m pretty confident she’ll make it in, but there are so many of us with brilliant students that it does add the the anxiousness of waiting. Her big sister is Class of 2010, so “college” has meant TAMU to her since she was three. It is the only college she even wanted to visit or apply. Good luck and I’ll see you in the support group when we start the housing process. :joy:

7 Likes

I totally understand. My husband and I are class of ‘93. Son is current student class of‘23. Not to mention pretty much all cousins, aunts & uncles. We are an Aggie family.

2 Likes

Off topic… congrats to the Aggies on the big win against Bama!!! Wow!

12 Likes

I would think this week that more students will hear back. Should be a mix of top 10 that applied later and high scoring review students.

And FYI great name for the syndrome we have all had lol.

And omg that game last night. Still surreal. My son sent a pic from the field after. Said it was truly the best college experience he’s had in 3 plus years. Im like dude… you just got your ring and this tops that?? :woman_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

Hope that high score review students including OOS.

1 Like

My OOS class of '24 son heard back mid October. We are now instate for my daughter who is 1Q '26. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Last year, at least as reported here, oos started hearing back in November. This is just a small sample group on CC so that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

Hoping there’s a big wave this week for all!!

4 Likes

First of all, what an amazing game last night!!

My son applied Aug. 14th. He’s in the first quarter of his class (134/662), 4.8/5.0 GPA, 1380 SAT, lots of AP and Dual Credit classes, marching band, clubs, etc. Interested in the Corps and registered for Night w/ the Corps. Our fingers are crossed it’s enough for him to get accepted, but he’s set on getting to Aggieland any way he can. Economics major- Liberal Arts.

My husband graduates from A&M with his master’s in December. Really hoping we know something by then for our son. Right now I’m just another Mom checking the Howdy portal and AIS like a crazy person. I didn’t think the waiting would get to me this much! Ha!

Best of luck to all that are waiting to hear and congrats to those already accepted!

6 Likes

When do Engineering review start getting notifications, is that later in the year or chance to hear back by end of Oct?

Also, did anyone complete for housing application yet? We are getting in an error when select my housing portal ?

@hraj only those with full acceptance can apply for Housing. Dorm selection at TAMU is based on time selection Housing deposit is paid, so it is super important to pay the deposit as soon as acceptance is official. Sometimes Housing portal will open up earlier (between 6 tabs on Howdy and getting official acceptance email), so have your student check/refresh if/when they receive 6 tabs on Howdy.
They’ll need credit card ready, and it is a process that can take a few minutes, not just a quick pay process. Paying deposit is reserving a spot to select a room in the spring; it is $75 non refundable and you can cancel w/o penalty until May 1.

2 Likes

My DS got a big packet in the mail this weekend from A&M Core of Cadets. It was so big it looked like an acceptance packet and through us off a bit. The letter mentioned that he had applied to A&M. Anyone else get this? We are looking for every sign of acceptance we can…:slight_smile: A few weeks ago his was one of the portals that said “admission offered” before they rescinded it. He is a review admit.

2 Likes

Did he check the box that he was interested in the Corps? They have some “spend the night with the Corps” events that could occur before an admissions decision. They may be marketing those opportunities/the program. My daughter received a letter from Business Honors 2-3 weeks ago, but has not received acceptance to A&M. She is also a review admit. I think it is just that she qualifies to apply for the program (and may have indicated interest on her app), not anything more.