Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I remember this happening last year about the corps letter. Not sure how it played out with those getting it and being accepted but I do remember that it was mentioned here about the letter and then nothing else was said. So I don’t think there is a correlation.

That’s neither good or bad news, I know. But the whole you’ve been offered thing… can’t wait to see how that turns out. We will have to take a poll when acceptances go out this month and next.

2 Likes

Hmmmm, no he definitely did not check the box. I wanted him to but no. But yes probably just a marketing program. Thanks! I know I’m grasping at straws.

1 Like

Same. Review admit with the “Admission Offered” message on Howdy a few weeks ago that got changed back to “Under Review”, got the Corps packet this weekend, but did check off interest on the application or at some point in the past. I’m sure it’s just marketing for the Corps and Spend A Night with the Corps.

@hraj , since both our daughters are Auto Admits applying for Engineering, I’ll add to what others have said and clarify a few things.

Admission to the University will come before admission into the College of Engineering. Once you have the official admission to the University, you can apply for housing, even if you’re still waiting for admission into Engineering (holistic review). This is the case with my daughter.

Recap of our timeline:

• 8/9 - submitted Admission application
  • ~8/16 - all green checks: “Application Complete/In Review” (SRAR linked, HS transcript sent, etc.)
  • 9/17 - 6 tabs appeared in Howdy; link to Housing application gives error message
  • 9/23 - Housing application open for Phase 1 (early morning); AIS updated with “congrats, you’re admitted” message and official letter in “My Communications” (late afternoon)
  • 10/3 - 7th tab “My Dashboard” appeared in Howdy
  • 10/7 - Housing Phase 2 open (not urgent since it’s just preferences); received acceptance letter/Aggie banner in postal mail

She’s still in “Engineering Review.” In last year’s thread, people started to get acceptances into Engineering as early as Sept. 29. So we hope to hear from Engineering very soon.

Of course, your daughter’s timeline spacing might differ, so keep your eyes open.

2 Likes

@h2omom that’s interesting about a letter from BH. My Aggie is in the BH program. They did not send out anything, until the official packet, which arrived early November. It must be a new generic thing they send to everyone who checks the box that applies? I wouldn’t read a lot into it, anyone is eligible to apply, but criteria for acceptance is super competitive.

@NDTA96
Thank you so much for the detailed information. My daughter has 7 tabs but her status says App complete and in review. As they got HS transcript late on Friday that is why not seeing the admission letter yet and housing portal giving an error. Just have to wait to get the admission first then.

Thanks again for very helpful info.

@hraj , keep checking the Housing application link first thing in the morning. It could open for you (i.e. no more error message) before you see AIS update with the official acceptance to the University. A few hours’ boost in the housing queue wouldn’t hurt.

Hi Jacey, I am interested in SAT tutoring for my son.

Waiting for the official notification, daughter is top 10%, 7 tabs since Friday or Saturday, but no official notice. She received a text yesterday saying to check Howdy because her status had changed but nothing looked different to us. How can you tell if housing is open on Howdy?

Housing just opened for my daughter this morning after having 7 tabs since Friday. No official acceptance yet. She is 10% as well. You can go ahead and apply for housing to get in line though.

In howdy, go to on campus housing link and it will take you to the housing portal. Login there and it will move you forward to complete Phase 1 or give you an error.

Do you guys know if Texas A&M waives the housing app fee if you got a fee waiver for the admission application like UT does?

My daughter just received a packet today and I’m sure she did not intentionally check off interest on the application. I wonder what this means.

My daughter received the packet from the corp today too and she had indicated she was not interested in the corp.

@Ff1042 TAMU housing fee is $75 non-refundable, can only be paid when acceptance is given. Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is made.
As far as I know, the fee is not waived.

1 Like

Does anyone know how a & m would round class rank? Our school sent out something today dividing up top 10%. 11% -15%, 16%-25% and so on. I know A&M just puts him in the top quarter, but wonder if they look more into it since our school has it divided up. My son’s rank is 15.38%. Just wondering if he would be in the 11 to 15. Just looking for a little extra hope😬

1 Like

Top 10 then top quarter. But they know where they are in the quarter.

2 Likes

This may have been answered already but I have not seen it and combing through 800+ makes me dizzy head! When do first quartile kids find out? Anxiously awaiting……… My oldest found out around Nov 11th, but just curious if that is the same since that was in 2019. Thank you , everyone has such awesome advice on here!

2 Likes

@Karandave the dates are definitely different this year, so no one really knows when holistic/non automatic will start getting acceptance. Looks like your son applied for Engineering? You probably know this, but just remember that everyone starts out as General Engineering at TAMU, and has to go thru the ETAM process to get into their specific field/major, after several semesters.

Last year the holistic kiddos with high scores found out the beginning of Oct. so we are definitely behind this year. I would be surprised if we don’t hear back this week, meaning there should be 6 tabs coming for those students.

2 Likes