Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@LuviasTexas That accountability spreadsheet is simply showing, on all with department aero selected, how many of the kids that applied to tamu with their first choice major listed as aero on their admission application was admitted and enrolled. That does not say anything about the major aero though because none of those kids can be admitted into aero until they successfully go through etam and are admitted into aero.

2 Likes

Again, as I posted many times above, that’s admission data. NOT ETAM. No need to keep repeating. It will help for current applicants to know the difficulty level.

Admission data is important now in this forum as it shows some engineering areas are hard to get admitted even BEFORE ETAM.

@ashill77 agree, when my son (current TAMU Junior) got his acceptance it was posted in the morning. I know UT often rolls out some admissions in the evening, but haven’t heard of TAMU doing that. But, they like to keep us guessing and things change year right year, so who knows?? The wait continues!

1 Like

I was admitted in the evening in 2018!

2 Likes

@LuviasTexas “On the right leave everything at “ALL”, only check department Aerospace Engineering for example You can see 470 applied 71 accepted and 59 enrolled for last year”

I see where you are coming from, but the data the spreadsheet is giving you does not mean acceptance into aero is 15%.

For 2020, if you change leve[ to just masters and phd, you get 42 enrolled and undergraduate transfers to aero is 17. 42+17 is 59. So 59 is just masters, phds, and transfers. Right now, the junior aero class is about 110, according to DS

Kind of screwy data at the granular level. When selecting college of engineering as the department within the engineering college, last year 98% were accepted or 9278 out of 9482.

It’s probably best to see that in total 58.5% of applicants were admitted and had a 41% yield. The table shows that 100% of engineering applicants in the top 10% were admitted and yielded 48%. Is it true that 100% of engineering applicants in the top 10% are admitted to engineering? Definitely not for CSTAT start in ETAM but maybe in one of the other pathways?

@ChristiR93 recently gave an example of someone top 10% being given Blinn, but other than that, I’ve not heard of anyone not making engineering review. Am guessing that Blinn Team is included in the numbers, as it should be.

1 Like

Still nothing about this?

Still no idea what the “something new coming to admissions” on 10/15 is?

1 Like

So strange how the social media posts are gone. Maybe the date of “whatever” got pushed back.

1 Like

@catherine2022 woo hoo! Back to furiously checking! :rofl:

2 Likes

My son has submitted his application and linked SRAR. How does the application for University Honors work? Will he receive an invitation to apply if he indicated on the application that he was interested?

I know that high scoring holistic review applicants typically get accepted around this time. Is a 1460 considered high scoring?!

2 Likes

Last year out of states didn’t seem to hear til November.

1 Like

I think the point we are trying to clarify for freshmen, is admission into aero is irrelevant. Has nothing to do with freshmen. Transfer/post bac, yes, but not freshmen.

To look at competitiveness, you can only look at ETAM stats. I don’t want freshmen applicants and parents being confused by this.

Bottom line, at Tamu… work hard, get that 3.8 gpa and you get your choice.

5 Likes

I am not sure how engineering applied/accepted/enrolled stats work. But looking at ETAM results for spring 2021 specifically Aero. 308 applied and 276 met the criteria (I assume the difference is from students who didn’t fulfill requirements or didn’t achieve grades since apply prior to semester finish). Of the 276 who met the ETAM criteria, 158 were auto admit by achieving a 3.5. Therefore; 118 remained for holistic review. 43 of the 118 were selected from holistic review. Total selected from first choice Aero applicants 201 (158+43). Of the 276 first choice Aero pool, 201 were successful. So 201/276 = 73% received first Aero choice. The holistic acceptance rate is 43/118 = 36%.

1 Like

@franknd UH will not reach out to you, your student will need to submit their application. I would definitely do research on the various honors programs….overwhelming, most prefer major/college honors program over UH (University Honors). UH requires freshman to live in McFadden or Lechner (rooms and roommates can’t be chosen), lots of busy work, and a point system is in place. Advisor and courses aren’t major specific, so many times classes have to be ‘made’ into an honors class-which means student has to beg professor to make extra work (which they don’t have to do). Many UH drop the program after freshman or sophomore year. (I have searched everywhere for data on this and I can’t locate it).
Last year, UH didn’t notify applicants until May, which messed up dorm selection for those who had already chosen roommates.
Like everything at A&M, the honors programs are very competitive, but but by far, the major/college honors programs seem to be run far more efficiently, have a much better reputation.
Just a heads up…ask around and do some research.

What major has your son been accepted to at A&M?

https://launch.tamu.edu/Applications/University-Honors/Freshman-Application

https://honorsprograms.tamu.edu/

Thanks. He just applied, so he hasn’t been accepted yet.

I was thinking that any honors applications were to be submitted along with the main application. Is that not how it works?

@franknd your student would need to look at the link I gave above. Every department does it differently, not every major/college offers honors, and UH is separate from the others.
Google & TAMU website can pretty much send you to any link.

1 Like

Well, this must be why the the “reach out to you” idea was in the back of my head:

The pertinent section for incoming freshmen, 16.1.1, reads: Incoming freshmen who are not in an Honors program will be considered Honors-eligible if they graduated in the top 10% of their high school class or have been identified as National Merit Semifinalists, National Merit Scholars, or National Hispanic Scholars, and have submitted a request to be marked Honors-eligible to LAUNCH. Students who meet these requirements will be sent an invitation to submit a request later in the Spring.

1 Like