Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I guess it is safe to say that Mays if full, and it is time to move on. We will be ending out A&M legacy with four degrees and three rings. Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

Last year wasn´t it full mid november? You might still have a chance!! :frowning:

@HSmomof4 did you hear Mays is full from Office of Admission? Or just speculating? What was your students 2nd choice major?

I am just speculating since everyone on here says it is usually full by the end of October. He would not attend for his second choice major. He has been admitted to several other business programs and honors programs with scholarships.

It seems like the decisions are coming out later than last year, I don’t think Mays is full yet.

It is definitely not safe to say that Mays is full. We’ve seen very few Mays acceptances and I think only one (if memory serves me right) review student got Mays. This year is slower on the roll out of holistic reviews. I haven’t seen a wave a non engineering review students yet.

So, stay positive.

2 Likes

Thank you ChristiR93! I needed that.

1 Like

Has there been an actual wave of acceptances of engineering review?

What is the estimated timeframe of acceptances in other majors such as Sports Management and out of state (holistic review) applications. Thanks.

Following this question. Getting nervous. In state, good stats and radio silence from A&M :worried:

@ChristiR93 , perhaps TAMU is trying to wait for the applications from all the non “auto admits” from UT. I wish they would admit students on rolling basis so students who have good stats and deserving wouldn’t have to wait.

Same, and trying my best to stay calm.

Honestly it looks like only engineering review admits first quarter with SAT 1400+ or ACT 30+ have heard. Doesn’t feel like a big wave, but I am just speculating.

1 Like

My son falls in that and has not heard. :weary:

We are still waiting to hear. OOS, both are top quartile, 1500 and 1420. Both applied for Engineering, first week and second week of September. Getting nervous. :crossed_fingers:

They haven’t done that in the past. Last year was the first year we didn’t have academic admits. I’m wondering if they figured out a better or more efficient way after their first year.

Tamu has always said… holistic review students should expect to hear after the first of the year. While that can be unsettling to us parents and the students, they are very upfront about timelines and typically over deliver. It’s just not how most universities in Texas do it, so the applicants feel unwanted or second choice. That truly isn’t the case.

4 Likes

@ALN TAMU isn’t waiting on UT. Last year, it was said that 55k applied to A&M, so they certainly have plenty of applicants to select from.
A&M is a very large, very competitive university. If a student isn’t auto admit, like @ChristiR93 said, decisions usually come after the holidays. Every school has their own timeline. Yes, it makes waiting very hard, and I think seeing some get review admit, while others don’t, makes it even harder. Hang in there!

3 Likes

OOS/Applied Mid-September
1570 SAT
4.0 unweighted 4.8 weighted (I think)
11 APs by end of end senior year (all 5s- one 4 in English Comp)
NMS semifinalist
strong ECs

1 Like

TAMU has same labor shortage like many other businesses. Some delay is expected.
Really no kidding, I haven’t seen their external jobs openings list this long it won’t even end scrolling on a cell phone.

3 Likes

Just pulled this off A&M website:

ENGINEERING EARLY ACTION DEADLINE
October 15

Meeting the EARLY ACTION DEADLINE guarantees an admission communication by mid-December. The communication could either be an offer of admission or a deferral to the regular decision timeline. The Early Action Deadline does not impact the admission outcome.

3 Likes