Texas A&M University Class of 2026

No, nothing different that I could see. I just went under the manage applications because I remember there being a button there to change major (not wanting to change major but a friend asked what exactly it said) so I went in and noticed the whoop. Btw we also saw that admission offered thing last month or whenever that was

Please post if you see similar :pray:

No, still says “Under Review.” DS was also part of the “Admission Offered” glitch on 9/22-9/23. It has said “Under Review” ever since. So, perhaps it is not a glitch this time for you. Sending good thoughts your way that a confirmed admission is coming for your kiddo later this week.

1 Like

Ok. Just checked. His still says “under review” under “manage applications”. He also had that “admission offered” thing before though.

What is your major, and are you an auto-admit, and in or OOS?

1 Like

My daughter had the “Admission Offered” glitch last month but hers still says “Under Review.” Hope yours is the real deal!

1 Like

Thank you for this info. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Public health
In-state
Non-auto (non-ranking school, not top 10% but looking at DC GPA and GPA cut-off, probably 10-15%)
ACT 35
Second author on a research paper, published in high impact factor medical journal, topic public health
Many other things but high scores and extracurriculars pertaining to major help I think.
But wonder why there’s the Whoop - you’re admitted, but no change in AIS or the 6 tabs. Maybe just hasn’t completely changed over yet, but kinda makes me worried about that previous admission offered glitch…
Hoping this is a good sign for everyone. Public health is a small major, maybe they are working their way through all the majors and this is just the beginning.

My son saw the change under manage applications today. Changed from Engineering Review to a major of General Engineering.

I haven’t told him yet. I’m waiting for him to figure it out on his own. But I can breathe a sigh of relief now and stop obsessively checking systems.

Fingers crossed this isn’t a glitch.

My daughter was accepted about 4 weeks ago for Biomedical Science.

Both in state

Son-top 2.5%
SAT-1410

Daughter-top 5%
SAT-1325

3 Likes

@TexasTiger2 is your student able to pay Housing deposit?

No. AIS has the same “My app is complete and in review” message.

2 Likes

That’s strange. I hope it isn’t wrong, but I’ve never heard of the 6 Howdy tabs not showing up.

2 Likes

Son:
Out of State - Illinois - Review Admit
Class rank <6% 35/623
GPA Weighted 4.075, [GPA Scale: (4.33 for A, A+ in Honors and AP), (4 for A, A+ in Regular)]
SAT 1450 (750 Math, 700 Verbal)(Gave up on ACT at 30)(Note… he couldn’t finish the ACT in allotted time; he could finish the SAT in allotted time; all his prep was ACT)
(AP Calculus AB/Honors Math, AP Chem I/AP Physics/Honors Science, Honors Spanish, AP Psychology)
Zero to Minimal volunteer hours
No job
ECs: Piano (not in band), Math Team
Majors applied for 1) Mechanical Engineering 2) Computing
Visited TAMU in June (Engineering and Mayes)
No Letters of Recommendations

Timeline:
Submitted Application 3 Oct via Coalition App
AIS/UIN received 5 Oct… worked later in the day
SRAR Linked 5 Oct, Green Check 7 Oct
Class Rank Green Check (7 Oct) (Top 10%)
4 Green Checks 7 Oct App Complete
Ordered and linked SAT Score thru Coalition App 3 Oct
College Board Electronically Sent SAT 6 Oct
SAT Score Green Check 8 Oct (was there in the morning)
7 Tabs on Howdy 29 Oct (was there Friday morning)
General Engineering AIS 29 Oct (was there Friday morning)
Accepted in AIS 1 Nov (Monday)
Housing portal working 1 Nov (Monday)
Howdy Whoop 2 Nov (Afternoon)

I think that is the complete process.
I’ll continue to lurk and wait with great anticipation for the METRICS to be released in about 2 weeks for this Freshman class.

Other Applications:
-Nebraska (Accepted 21 Sep/Applied directly to school 19 Sep) Mechanical Eng
-Texas A&M (Accepted 1 Nov/Applied via Coalition App 5 Oct) General Engineering
-University of Minnesota (Accepted 1 Nov/Applied via Common App 26 Oct… completed 27 Oct) College of Engineering
-Indiana University (Applied directly to school 12 Oct… completed 20 Oct) 1st Data Science
-University of Michigan (Applied via Common App 19 Oct) 1st Mechanical Eng [REACH]
-University of Wisconsin (Applied via Common App 26 Oct) 1st Mechanical Eng; 2nd Data Science
-University of Illinois (Applied directly to school 27 Oct) 1st Mechanical Eng; 2nd Electrical Eng

Agree, I will update when anything changes, hopefully soon.

1 Like

Just got admitted to General Engineering at College Station in Howdy Manage Applications today.

Received 6 tabs (technically 7 because a new tab was added) on Saturday.

AIS still hasn’t updated yet.

3 Likes

My son has 7 tabs this AM! Still no “whoop” in Howdy like above but his status has changed from Computer Engineering to General Engineering in Howdy and AIS. We were part of the My Application glitch several weeks back. Will update stats once everything updates - I have found y’all’s posts so helpful and encouraging so thank you!
Submitted app on 9/3
Everything linked w/ green checks on 9/7
Added two letters of recommendation on 10/8
OOS
33 ACT, 3.88 GPA, top quarter (HS does not rank until after this semester), 2 APs, mostly Honors classes
4 years theater, 4 years JROTC (where most of his ECs were), 4 years of his school’s digital arts academy, drawn to A&M for the Corps of Cadets - we visited in August and he did the Night with the Corps event last month

3 Likes

My son also has 7 tabs this morning. No “whoop” in Howdy yet either. He was also part of the glitch in September.

Geosciences
Submitted app 8/12
OOS
35 ACT, 3.85 UW GPA, top quarter (non-ranking HS), 9 APs/8 honors, great LORs, many ECs
Did GeoX 2021 this summer
Visited in July

I’ll be letting him wait and get the excitement from the email or a mail package on his own. Not telling him about the 7 tabs thing.

5 Likes

Good luck with that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wanted to thank the parents for the valuable information here! Ya’ll have been EXTREMELY helpful! Visited A&M for the first time recently and was very impressed. Good luck to you all still waiting for responses!

5 Likes

We have 6 tabs this morning. So weird what happened yesterday.
No update in AIS.

3 Likes

Still have the Whoop?