Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Update:

Got 7 tabs (or what used to be 6 tabs) 10/30

Admission to the university 11/1

Howdy change from Engineering Review to General Engineering (Whoops you’ve been admitted) 11/2

AIS Updated to General Engineering 11/3

It’s been a wild month.

4 Likes

@thegirlsandtheboy - Congratulations! My son sounds pretty similar: Computer Science, 4 years ROTC, 4 years Theatre. He signed up for the Spend the Night but hasn’t gone yet. He’s not sure about the Corp and ETAM but we’ll see.

When you say “Admission on 11/1”, was that an email or some other notice? Trying to understand timing of everything. Thanks!

We visited in August honestly thinking it would sway him AWAY from A&M - he’s an indoor kid, doesn’t like the heat, and we thought seeing the Corps in action would scare him. It did the opposite;-/ It was overcast and mid-80s so he was perfectly comfortable in his fleece joggers and the visit convinced US we wanted him there lol. He has sisters at a small private music conservatory and the Univ of Tennessee so he has to get an in-state tuition waiver to fit our budget…so now we wait on that. He went back last month for the Spend the Night event and wants it even more now.

4 Likes

My daughter was the same way! We assumed she would want a smaller campus (toured TCU and UTA, and UH) but she fell in love with A&M. The campus, the people, the traditions. She is doing the SEAL program in a few weeks and is very excited to be on campus.

1 Like

Question about housing deposit. My son got his 7 tabs yesterday morning, but it still shows “under review”. Yesterday when I tried to look at Resident Life to pay deposit for housing, I was given an error. Today we can login, so I’m thinking we should go ahead and start that process. Even though he is still technically “in review” I would assume it wouldn’t allow us to login if he hadn’t been granted access. Is anyone else with 7 tabs but no “Whoop” yet able to look at housing?

Got the 7 tabs today for my twins today! Everything says “under review”. They are both review candidates who applied to both College Station campus and Galveston so I’m not sure which campus this applies to for them. Any ideas on if they are actually “in” one of the locations? Worried it might be a glitch after the “admission offered” glitch in manage applications last month. How long until “whoop you are admitted” shows up? Any words of wisdom?

2 Likes

Replying to myself. :slight_smile: His AIS just updated to Accepted, I must have logged in right as it changed!

2 Likes

You can also look at the unofficial transcript in Howdy under “Student Record”? tab. This may give insight on location

Same here. Just updated on AIS. Does anyone know if they also send out an email and when that might arrive?

Found it under student profile. Looks like they were both admitted to Galveston but still waiting on actual confirmation.

2 Likes

@thegirlsandtheboy have you checked into getting in-state tuition? Unless I’m not fully in the know, it’s pretty difficult to get in-state tuition…more than just applying for a waiver. Maybe Corps students can qualify somewhat easier, I don’t know?
My understanding to get in-state tuition is, student must have $4,000 in TAMU scholarships (not outside), which isn’t easy.
Maybe you’ve met with FinAid office and there’s something else I don’t know. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Just thought I would attach this link. On the Aggie Parents page, there are multiple posts yearly, from OOS parents who thought buying a condo in B/CS would get it for them, or think TAMU gives in state freely…like many other universities do. Just a heads up…
https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Non-Resident-Tuition-Waiver

We are still waiting for an email and letter in the mail, but his Freshman Admit letter was in AIS under My Communication - My Letters on 11/1 (the same day his housing portal opened up). Everything seems to be rolling out slowly but surely.

Yes, well aware of the $4000 in TAMU scholarships and that it is not an easy thing to obtain. They are also very limited on how many waivers they can give out. Seems like almost an impossible task for OOS given how little TAMU seems to offer in scholarships but the Corps at least opens him up to more scholarship opportunities which may or may not come to be. The Corps folks were very encouraging when we visited in August so we aren’t ready to crush his dream yet…and from all the CC searches I’ve done, the best chance for a waiver seems to be NMSF (which he is not) or through the Corps for out-of-staters. He has solid back-up plans so our eggs are not all in the TAMU basket. Man, if only we made millions lol.

2 Likes

@thegirlsandtheboy okay, glad you are aware! So many are not, and it comes as quite a shock.
Agree that Corps seems to be your best shot, as most big scholarships do seem to go to those under NM umbrella, or in-state students at the 110 identified under-represented Texas high schools (Century Scholars).
Last year 55k students applied to TAMU-no idea how many in-state vs OOS-but safe to say the majority were Texas residents. Other state schools in neighboring states-Okalahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama-make it fairly easy to get in-state tuition. So many people aren’t aware A&M has much stiffer residency requirements & harder to get in-state tuition.
The Corps is a fabulous program! And yes, wouldn’t it be nice to wave a magic money wand when needed!! Don’t give up!

1 Like

It is pretty easy to get scholarship money in the Corps. Most who apply get one. They are tiered based on their rank/test scores, with $4K at the higher end of the non military scholarships.

1 Like

My son (class of 2026) will be majoring in applied math and had questions about Calculus BC AP and statistics AP so he reached out to TAMU advisors and they responded very quickly. They gave him specific info on what they would recognize, recommend, etc. for those classes. Very helpful. My advice to you: reach out to future advisors, they are great!

2 Likes

My DS got 7 tabs today! At least I think it was today because they weren’t there yesterday morning. OOS, Engineering, wGPA 5.05, first quarter, SAT 1500, 7 APs, good ECs. His twin was officially accepted earlier this week.

7 Likes

Just found this site… it’s so informative! I called Admissions yesterday because we are going crazy waiting to see if my son is going to get accepted into Mays. He’s top 25%, 30 ACT, tons of AP classes, volunteering, National Honors… Anyway, the girl I talked to told me that Mays wasn’t full yet, and to just be patient. I have no idea if she knew what she was talking about, but I"ll take it for now :slight_smile:

11 Likes