Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yes! My son’s AIS also updated later today with official acceptance probably some time after 1pm.

Can you please post your sons stats and when he applied major etc… Very helpful. Thank you

Found it thank you such great info. So impressive on how organized and helpful you are. Life saver! God bless you

1 Like

Applied Oct. 15.

Review admit (University Studies - Arts & Sciences / Pre-Med)
Rank first quarter (assigned by A&M)
SAT 1420, 720 ERW 700 Math (single sitting)
32 ACT composite (single sitting)
4.0 UW GPA/102 W
12 AP classes by graduation
In-state
National Merit Commended, College Board National Scholar, AP Scholar, NHS
EC: Student Council, Significant volunteer work

2 Likes

Learned tonight while filing out housing Phase II, that S22 has been offered a Maroon Merit scholarship. Since he is NMSF, we are holding out for more, but we were happily surprised.

9 Likes

Texas Tech Rawls will be the next hard to get in business school in Texas. Unless TAMU expands Mays enrollment, Rawls is getting more competitive year after year. Texas Tech Rawls has consistently one of the highest job placement rate among the nation (not just Texas) of over 90%.

6 Likes

Mays- In-State Review
Assigned Top 25%
3.9 UW
IB DP + Several APs
Deep ECs- Not Wide
Test Optional
Applied early Aug
7 Tabs Saturday
AIS Admittance Indicated Yesterday

4 Likes

PACE at UT and Blinn team are not the same in my opinion. UT Limits the pace students to only liberal arts. Blinn team can go into any desired major I believe… With engineering being an exception. - need engineering Blinn.
A&M seems to really want to get students in. It makes them exceptional- coming from a former Longhorn.

3 Likes

Congrats! Where did you find that information on the scholarship?

I was watching the screen as my son was clicking away at things. I do not recall what he clicked on, but we saw it. I managed to stop him (and convince him that we should probably read this information). After the obligatory eye-roll, he saw my point.

Check financial aid portal. My daughter has two scholarships in there now. :tada:

2 Likes

@Peruna1998 congrats on Maroon Scholarship! Mostly likely the other scholarship offered will be Presidents Endowed (PES); I think all NMSF+ get it automatically. A&M doesn’t stack scholarships, so that will probably be it, for freshman year-which are 2 of the biggest A&M offers. (Departmental could come in years 2-4).
Scholarships are offered in the Financial Aid portal of Howdy.

@Pamp A&M PSA does limit major choices; not just to Liberal Arts, but it’s a slim choice of majors that are offered.
I’m not an Aggie, but my husband, child and many relatives are. Having a current student, I wish they would lower enrollment, do away with so many avenues & paths to get acceptance-it’s just TOO big. But no one asked me…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

@52AG82 I am curious how A&M knows to award the PES. I assume it is because we name A&M as the top choice with NMSC? Or does A&M simply get the published list of NMSFs? Does it use that list for selecting Brown candidates?

Some scholarships are stackable. We had a zoom meeting with the financial aid person recently. Some stack. Some don’t. For example National Recognition Scholars receive a guaranteed $6,000 per year and also compete for the other freshman scholarship opportunities offered in February. These scholarships are able to be added to the guaranteed national scholar scholarships. Plus my daughter was given a $500 KEYS to Aggieland Scholarship this summer at a campus visit and it is stackable with all other scholarships too.

2 Likes

@martinezcs you are correct. I should’ve clarified, TAMU doesn’t stack Academic Scholarships, for sure.

1 Like

@Peruna1998 PES would be offered because of NMSF automatically.
Brown requires a lengthy interview process; I don’t think Brown Scholars find out until mid-late spring. I don’t even know how they determine who gets an interview for Brown-sorry.

@martinezcs - Did you receive an email about the scholarship? Online it says scholarship notification is in Feb so was just wondering if they are starting to send it early.

You may have mixed up PACE and CAP in UT. But indeed PACE has no engineering option.

CAP is only guaranteed for liberal arts (COLA), but nowadays even Economics are not guaranteed. Similar to PSA, students are not attending main campus.

PACE is not just for COLA, it is for College of Education, COLA, Moody College of Communicationand the Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Similar to Blinn where students attend class at CS and Blinn, PACE students attend class in UT and ACC.

2 Likes

Hi, my DD finally submitted her TAMU App today. Once we submitted/paid e got a notice saying that there are technical issues and it could take 14 days for her application to transmit to TAMU. I should mention we have also already:

1. filled out the SRAR
  2. Sent official transcript via Parchment online tool
  3. Sent SAT scores

Given it could be getting close to deadline by the time her application even reaches TAMU, what can we expect to need to still compete once the Apply Texas folks get their act together? We were trying to avoid a last-minute rush and now it seems we might get boxed into one anyway…

Thanks for any help on a clear action plan from here. Also pardon me if this sort of info is already in the response thread, with 1500+ replies it is a bit overwhelming. (As a positive, that many posts demonstrates how active the Aggie community is on helping each other.)

2 Likes