Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Has anyone emailed advisors? I sent an email to this address: ugrad-advisor@cse.tamu.edu
on Saturday asking for advice on major choice. Haven’t heard back yet. Just wondering how long it might take.

1 Like

@Belk TAMU advisors are in the thick of spring registration right now, many students are even having a hard time getting in touch with their advisors. I wouldn’t expect to hear back from one anytime soon.
And I think you’re a parent, not a student, correct? Not sure they will reply to you, most likely will only correspond with your student. For sure once they’re a student, all correspondence goes to the student.

1 Like

What’s your question on major choice? Message me and I’ll see if I can help you.

Biomedical Engineering has almost all of the required courses as part of the major

Yes, and it’s easy with hard sciences also.

Good news for those still finishing Apply Texas application:

TAMU acknowledged application today. So it is not true that Apply Texas is delayed by ‘up to 14 days’, even though that is what comes up at the end of the Apply Texas process. More like 24-48 hour turn around. Regardless, the SRAR takes quite a bit of time if you have not done that yet, so get those applications in this weekend!

@joelatte what majors is she applying for, and are you in state?

My son has similar stats with Mays top choice and Econ as second choice. He’s already getting offered honors Biz at OU and Arkansas, but really wants to be an Aggie. Yikes… I don’t think he’d want to do PSA though~ I think we need to make sure we have Plan A, B, and C! What did your son end up doing?

In-State, Statistics

1 Like

We are in the same boat with you. Mays top choice and Econ as second. My daughter has already been accepted to Texas Tech, UT Dallas, & Baylor for business major with scholarship money but has her heart set on being an Aggie. I don’t know that she’ll take PSA if offered, given alternatives. Lots of her friends are getting acceptances to A&M already (for engineering as reviews) so it makes this silence a little more deafening unfortunately.

@1stCollegeRodeo and @Lavalocks19 just an FYI that Business is NOT an option, if offered PSA.
Seems like Mays still hasn’t finished with their acceptance round-which is sooo much later this year. So no one really knows the timeline this year.
Must say, Baylor and Tech Business schools are outstanding, we have many friends who have graduated from both. And I hear really great things about OU and UArk, too. All great choices.

1 Like

Was there a batch of acceptances this week? Im checking an A&M FB group, Reddit thread and here. All seemed quite this week regarding tabs/admission.

2 Likes

We know a young lady who got admitted to Mays on either Saturday or Sunday last weekend. She is a top quarter review applicant with over 1400 SAT. Her twin was an auto admit and I’m pretty sure they both want to be at TAMU.

1 Like

Has there been a true wave of Review Engineering Admits? I am trying to be so patient, but this is hard folks. My son is top quarter, has a job, all AP classes except for Band and golf for 4 years, and 4 classes of Engineering… 1420 on SAT. Thankfully he is keeping the wait in stride and I am keeping my mouth shut as to how much it bothers me. I think I read in another thread that it seems like we aren’t worthy…that is exactly what it seems like.

1 Like

My son was on a Mays sponsored zoom call this week. They said Business Honors applications were still being reviewed and would hear by end of the month. If you aren’t accepted into that, you can still be considered for Mays. So I don’t think Mays is full and lots of decisions are still to come.

6 Likes

Yeah, my son’s best friend got his banner and they want to be roomies… I’m afraid we may be waiting a long time!! If Mays fills up and your daughter gets Economics, what will ya’ll do? Good luck!!!

When was your application date? Your son’s stat is in line with most acceptance.
There are quite a number of engineering review for OOS and in state but you know engineering is the largest school in TAMU, it should still be on going to mid December.

Thanks for all of this valuable information! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone have insight on selecting to participate in the Corps in terms of admission? According to the Patriot Scholarship announcement (which is amazing), they would like to grow the Corps by 900 students from 2100 to 3000 which I think statistically would have some bearing but who really knows.

@Pamg i don’t think this is fair to say, at all. If a student- AT ANY SCHOOL- applies and doesn’t meet automatic admission requirements, they should expect to wait. Every school has their own admission requirements. A&M clearly states review candidates most likely won’t hear until December-January. I can understand how frustrating that is, especially when others may be hearing sooner, but it doesn’t make someone ‘not worthy’.
Last year there were 55k+ TAMU applicants. It’s a huge, very competitive school.

4 Likes