Texas A&M University Class of 2026

We are OOS and my son is NMSF. He had received maroon and pes as well.

1 Like

Sounds like maybe A&M is wooing OOS NMSF, trying to get them to commit early? Normally PES isn’t given until February (non NMSF).

1 Like

My son applied in August as well. First day application opened.
Stats
4.71 GPA UW 4.22
ACT 30
LOR from state representative for Engineering
Aerospace engineering first
Mechanical engineering second choice
Small private school in state no rank
TAMU ranked him in first quarter
Three varsity sports
Captain of football and golf team
NHs stuco student leadership university
Started his own charity/ministry in 2018
Published author and photographer
Academic all state varsity golf
Honorable mention Varsity Football
tapps first place state award advanced photography
Over 300+ hours of volunteering.
Toured in person twice
Two engineering virtual experiences done
Sent resume in an upload
Has AP and Dual Credit tons of honors
Currently in AP Physics and AP Calc
Only one job experience due to three varsity sports. Football is all summer long.
Still haven’t heard anything yet.

That’s a really good LOR

1 Like

Our son is OOS and NMSF as well. Per the letter he received last week:
-Received the PES ($3k/year) and Maroon Merit.
-If named as a NMF: Then able to “claim” the National Merit Recognition ($7k per year), National Merit Sponsorship ($500/year), $1500 per semester to fund 9th and 10th semester and direct admit to Univ Honors.

We think our understanding of Maroon Merit is accurate so now we’re trying to do the math on a good estimate of what attending A&M would cost given the above. Pending any other scholarship (A&M or local). Has anyone done the math?

1 Like

You would have instate tuition so that’s pretty amazing. Great savings plus good scholarships. Well done!

1 Like

@Karandave has your son thought about taking the ACT on-site at A&M? Might be too late for that now. Just thinking if ACT were a few points higher, or had a solid SAT, he might have heard something by now. He may not hear until December-January, per the website.

My daughter was told by her admissions counselor that Mays was not full yet. I am not sure of when they spoke, but it was probably late last week. She has what admissions had previously told us was a very competitive application, but still no word. We know others with strong applications that are still waiting.

3 Likes

@kcmodad agree with @ChristiR93 -you’ve got in state tuition! That’s about as good as it gets!

my son just got the admission into TAMU. Took 15 days as he applied on Nov 1st with all documents/SAT/transcripts receiving by Nov 1st at TAMU admission office. OOS and obviously not auto admit and no class rank by our schools but he should be around 5% in class based on his credentials. Faster than UTD as UTD took 7 weeks after the PP was Complete.

1 Like

Congrats. What are his stats besides rank? That’ll help others. And major… thank you.

1 Like

He has not, we did not know that was a thing? TO take it on campus at A&M??

Anything today? I feel like Tuesdays and Thursdays or fridays are typically the days they come out…… I mean I guess I only left out M and W, ha ha ha ha…… who knows none of it makes sense. Hope you hear soon!

Admitted to Mays!
7 tabs on 11/14, housing opened early morning 11/16, admitted message in Howdy and AIS 11/16 evening
Rank top 25%, unweighted GPA 3.93, weighted 5.19, SAT 1370
NHRP, NHS, YMSL, 2 sports, part time job

11 Likes

@ChristiR93 knows the details about taking the ACT at A&M. Not sure how often it is offered?

My daughter’s national recognition scholar scholarship letter says “In addition we hope you applied for other university scholarships through your admissions application and we encourage you to apply for financial aid through the FAFSA.” Then it has the National Recognition Scholar award for $6,000 per year for 4 years and auto admit to the University Honors Program “yours to claim”. It then goes on to say “university scholarships and financial aid will be offered late janaury for most incoming freshman. You will receive an updated letter from scholarships and fianncial aid with any additional aid opportunities.”

We are in state.

2 Likes

No, nothing today.

But the coolest thing happened last night! Our son is a diver. He practices at the Jamail/UT Swim Center. The Longhorns are hosting a Dive Invitational today through Saturday. Last night at his practice, the college divers were there, too. He got to share boards with the Aggie divers (and others). :open_mouth: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1: :+1:

9 Likes

I am curious how A&M knew about your daughter’s National Recognition (congrats by the way). S22 is NMSF (and likely NMF). He has not heard from A&M regarding any NMSF scholarship.

SAT 1500, GPA 3.8 (UW) & 4.42 (W), 11 APs, 11 Honors courses, 4 years marching band, 4 years JV tennis and other volunteer etc. Major: Biomedical Sciences

1 Like

@martinezcs I don’t know anything about National Recognition. I do know NMSF/F will also be offered PES (Presidents Endowed), which is the biggest Academic scholarship. Your National Recognition is fabulous $$!
Departmental awards usually come after freshman year (and they aren’t normally large, but every bit helps). Make sure your student checks their FinAid portal during late spring & summer-that’s where scholarships will appear/be offered, and she’ll have to ‘accept’ them.

4 Likes