Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@avrtx depends on the major. Having a TAMU email wasn’t required for Business Honors application, that was done at the time of applying to A&M.

Thanks for the info! Guess my daughter does not have access yet to set that up since she has not scheduled NSC. She was able to apply to Engineering Honors, though, with her AIS username and info. Sounds like she’s not missed a step yet and I’m assuming all information will still route to her personal email account.

1 Like

My daughter goes to a private school that doesn’t rank, so is in review. She is applying to the College of Ag. She has a 3.67 gpa and a 29 ACT Score. I’m so nervous waiting to hear back.

ETA her GPA is unweighted

Yesterday, the TAMU Admissions Facebook page (or maybe it was a different social media – I forget where I saw it) posted a message indicating that there is 5 months until May 1 and reminded folks to be sure to confirm your acceptance. Maybe I am just being too sensitive, but there are no doubt THOUSANDS of applicants who have not heard anything yet. I mean, look, I get it. The school wants as many top 10%-ers and/or those with nearly perfect test scores to enroll as possible. It helps with rankings, etc. etc. But it just seems rude to post something like that when a large chunk of the pool is still waiting on pins and needles. Sorry to vent. Hoping someone from TAMU reads and monitors this message board.

5 Likes

@ashill77 , completely agree with you. When schools say they take holistic approach to admissions, they mean Top 10. I mean do they sit through and read the essays, personal statements, LOR? I don’t think so.

Ditto! (Except for the honors engineering.) :grinning:

1 Like

@ForU @avrtx Thank you! That is helpful to understand the process. Now we know to set up email after registering for NSC. :+1:

@ashill77 I totally get where you are coming from, what you’re saying. However, the social media post wasn’t intended to be rude, that’s not the Aggie way. Last year 55k+ applied to A&M. I’m sure as many or more will apply this year. No telling how many auto admit/Top 10% & NM Semi/Finalist applied, and definitely they won’t all accept/attend, so I think Admissions is trying to open up spots for holistic review applicants.
When you go to TAMU Admissions page, this is what is stated for those applying holistically. Frustrating YES‼️ But it clearly says January-March timeline.

3 Likes

How is “Admissions is trying to open up spots for holistic review applicants” by posting, ‘Confirm today! Start your journey and confirm your admission to Texas A&M University. Welcome to the Aggie Family!’? I could see if they asked for those offered admission to accept or decline, but it does sound exclusionary.

1 Like

@rowell2024 I saw the post, on Instagram. I read it is asking those who have been offered admission to confirm (book NSC, accept scholarships offered, etc) or decline…that would open up spots for holistic review students.
Clearly someone can’t accept, unless they have been admitted. Nothing ‘exclusionary’ about it.

So, confirm means accept or decline?

I don’t work at TAMU, but that is the way I read it. By booking NSC, that is technically ‘accepting’ A&M.
You can always comment on the Instagram post and ask them exactly what they meant.
TAMU is a very large & competitive, Tier 1 research institution. I am not an Aggie, but I’m married to one, have a current student, grew up visiting my grandmother that lived in Bryan and have MANY Aggie friends & relatives. One thing I know for sure, the Aggie Way is never exclusionary, snarky or elitist…far from it.

6 Likes

I take it to mean to please accept or decline so if people start declining, spots open up and they can start sending acceptances to those who are waiting.

3 Likes

Hopefully they will also send reminder emails to those who have already been accepted to accept or decline.

Right, and I think that is what surprised me about the Instagram post (sorry, not Facebook) b/c it did not seem to be in line with what I have come to know to be the Aggie way. Maybe “rude” is not the right word, but certainly tone deaf with respect to review applicants still waiting. From my perspective, for what it’s worth, I interpreted the Instagram post as the opposite of wanting to open up spots, but instead it seemed like TAMU was saying it sure would be nice to fill the spots with the top 10%-ers and such before we have to relent and let these other guys in. I’m sure that was not the intent, but that is how I interpreted it. That’s why I hope someone from TAMU reads this so they know, hey, that was not well received and maybe just put that message in individualized emails next time.

3 Likes

For those wondering, here is the #aggiebound post in question-both Facebook & Instagram. Zero comments on either post.

“Insensitive” may be the right word for that posting in Instagram. They should have just encourage people to sign up NSC and make reservation of that nice A&M hotel where space is limited (and expensive).

It doesn’t look like AO needs those autos to “confirm” to “open up” spots. If you check the apply/admit/enroll data, each department has very consistent enrollment rate. They know how many they are planning to admit even back in August. The only change year after year is when TAMU expands enrollment.

6 Likes

If I recall correctly, there wasn’t an acceptance email, so I doubt there’ll be a reminder email. These days people pay more attention to social media (don’t forget they’re addressing teenagers here), so that’s probably why they posted it there to nudge them.

FWIW, I did not find the post offensive.

2 Likes

Couple of things… first, I hear all the frustration. In fact, I heard it from my own lips 5 years ago and then from others ever since. I try to brace you guys for it, but until you’re going through it, it falls on deaf ears. Totally get it.

I will say that yes… TAMU reads every single essay not once, but twice for holistic reviews. They review the LORS and ECs and everything in between. The entire application is looked over twice before a decision is made. This is a group review, not one single person looks over an application and makes the decision. There’s a ranking system, a graph and all they want is for whoever they admit to be successful.

They will offer X amount in order to yield X amount. There are no “spots open up”. They may make a review of where things are in April/May, but it’s not the intent behind that instagram post.

Sure this doesn’t help or hurt you guys on your feelings. Just giving my perspective.

14 Likes