Texas coach about to announce retirement

<p>I agree with others, if Saban was contemplating leaving he would not say so now…frankly he would not say so until it is announced he is leaving. It would be unfair to current players and it also not be fair to to the Football program, recruiting would be hurt significantly… if he were to say yep you got me I am going to Texas.</p>

<p>I don’t believe that he would “never” leave, I don’t see him as a Bobby Bowden, I could see where the lure would be to build another power house in Texas might make at least contemplate it. This doesn’t make him bad it makes him a Coach.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I don’t even want to know if that’s tongue-in-cheek.</p>

<p>Apparently mom2 is privy to inside knowledge about the situation and is on a first-name basis with “Nick,” who, to the best of my knowledge, fits the legal definition of a public figure. Including a link to a sports column that refers to him AND MOST HEAD COACHES as “liars” is hardly the egregious offense she’s making it out to be. I specifically said in that post that I wasn’t accusing him of lying; my point was that he has a history of saying one thing and doing another. Not sure what’s so shocking about that.</p>

<p>I hope you’re right, mom2, that Saban isn’t leaving, but just because you take him at his word doesn’t mean others are required to. Unless you’re an official moderator here, I don’t think you get to decide what’s okay to discuss and what isn’t. </p>

<p>And by “minutest criticism” I was actually referring to your defensive retorts to posters in many other threads when any criticism is lobbed at Bama. It might come as shock to you, but not everybody who criticizes the University of Alabama is a “hater,” an Auburn alum, or a ridiculous college student. But if you feel it’s your duty, by all means, go right ahead and put everyone who steps out of line in their place. As I said in the other thread, in my opinion, you do the university no favors. I’m just glad my kid, who was admitted to the Class of 2018 as a Presidential Scholar, doesn’t read these threads. It may, however, help explain why so few students seem to post in the UA forums here.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Chris Sabin? Whew! Thank goodness they’re not going after Nick Saban. ;)</p>

<p>Maybe Chris will toughen up those Longhorns. :)</p>

<p><a href=“http://gfxfusion.files.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2009/07/sabin.png[/url]”>http://gfxfusion.files.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2009/07/sabin.png&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Should Nick go, I expect Kirby Smart will replace him and continue The Process with great success in the years to come. There’s room on the Walk of Champions for more statues. Always will be. :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>^^^ Yes, if he leaves I expect UA to keep his assistants, as much as possible, in place and rise up to the challange to keep on keepin on doing what they have been trained to do. Or, if Saban stays and Texas is deadset on Saban or someone like Saban, to go after Smart. Only makes sense.</p>

<p>Oops, sorry, didn’t catch my typo at first. Fixed it now.</p>

<p>This all sounds very familiar…another form of the ACA…Affordable Coach Act</p>

<p>“If you like your coach, you can keep your coach,
Or you can go to the exchange marketplace and get a better coach for less money”</p>

<p>LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL</p>

<p>Only in the case of Texas, they would be getting a better coach for more $.</p>

<p>Awesome, catfan!</p>

<p>I think Texas should hire Lame Kiffin.</p>

<p>Nooooooooooo!
I like Texas!</p>

<p>See, the exchange is already not working the way it’s suppose to.</p>

<p>Well, we could tell them to go back and reinstate all of the coaches that they have dropped. Can’t force them. Which means that many will not take back any that have been dropped.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Just kidding! I love the 'Horns. My daughter is a UT alum and Austin is one of my favorite places. I just wanted an excuse to write the words, “Lame Kiffin.” ;)</p>

<p>HAHAHA! </p>

<p>If they did end up with him I’d have to burn all of my burnt orange. </p>

<p>Baylor was smart to get Briles under contract.</p>

<p>Quote:
He’s winning Back to Back Nat’l Championships HERE…there’s nothing ELSE to accomplish.</p>

<p>This is actually a pretty good reason to leave. I mean he has nothing left to prove when he wins his 4th title here this year. At that point it’s just beating a dead horse. Cause look who’s shadow he has to live in as a coach at Bama? The Bear! The Michael Jordan/Ali/Babe Ruth of college football! I applaud him for winning as much as he has here cause that’s a lot of pressure to live up to. </p>

<p>This is the same reason why NBA players do not want to sign to the Chicago Bulls, or why Dwight Howard did not want to stay on the Lakers(history of NBA’s best centers). It doesn’t matter how much you achieve your still in an icon’s shadow! Your legacy will have better recognition if you won multiple titles somewhere else. Kobe Bryant’s legacy still takes a hit sometimes because he never “put a franchise” on the map like Michael Jordan did.</p>

<p>Hope that analogy made sense…</p>

<p>LucietheLake, </p>

<p>I WAS not saying Momw2collegekids would literally smack you down. I just meant that she knows her stuff. And the info she shared about Saban is not inside info. Any Bama fan who has watched interviews with Saban and the late Mal Moore, know the real story of what went down in Miami before Saban decided to come to UA. Mom was just retelling that info.</p>

<p>*Apparently mom2 is privy to inside knowledge about the situation *</p>

<p>Since I suggested that you do research on the subject, then obviously it’s not “inside info”. I would not have done so if it was necessary to have some kind of “inside track” in order to get/know the info.</p>

<p>so few students seem to post in the UA forums here.</p>

<p>Many, many students post on this forum. Many. </p>

<p>However, if someone posts something that isn’t true, on this forum or another, then it’s going to be challenged by several of us.</p>

<p>I’m not going to revisit that student’s posts here, but the fact that several posters strongly rebuked her claims suggests to me that her post was very off-based.</p>

<p>I don’t personally think Nick is going anywhere but if he does go somewhere I think it would be the NFL. I don’t think he is going anywhere because he is about to become a grandfather and I think his children live in Alabama. That’s coming from a parent’s perspective. He seems very excited about it when I’ve seen him interviewed about it. </p>

<p>But, if he was going somewhere, I think it would be the NFL. He was saying on Hey Coach the other day that the way college football is going today is more geared toward the fast paced offense and he’s a defensive coach (also special teams). He said that the NFL is still run like the football he is used to. He said there is no way to protect against these offenses. Listen to the show or read a transcript. He seemed to be almost pining for being back in a place with football played the way he likes. </p>

<p>Finally he really made it clear on 60 Minutes that lying about coming to Alabama affected his “integrity” as a person and I don’t think he’d make a statement like that if he was planning on leaving. But, who knows! He could be protecting his players, recruits, and the season as it unfolds. He also recently said that Miss Terry “likes it here” and that she loves Homecoming and feels very comfortable there. Happy wife, happy life!</p>

<p>Finally he really made it clear on 60 Minutes that lying about coming to Alabama affected his “integrity” as a person and</p>

<p>Oh good heavens. he didn’t say that he lied about coming to Alabama. </p>

<p>His words on 60 Minutes were: “I regret saying that.” That is not an admission of lying. He said that he wasn’t going to be the Alabama coach at a time when NO OFFER had been made to him. At the time, there were just rumors flying about that Bama wanted him. Mal Moore had not yet made contact. </p>

<p>Once Mal Moore made contact, an agreement was made within hours, and it was announced. So, there were no pronouncements of “I’m not going to Bama” while there were Bama negotiations going on. That would have been lying. (And that’s what some have suggested is going on now…that he’s in negotiations with Texas and lying about it.)</p>

<p>He regrets how the whole thing looked. And, it did look bad. Who knows if Saban further explained but it wasn’t included in the 60 Minutes piece.</p>

<p>Obviously, if something had been going on between Bama and Saban then Mal Moore wouldn’t have had to decide to just “go to Miami” unannounced and without an appt or anything. If something had been “going on” Moore would have had an appt!!!</p>

<p>And, he’s not going to the NFL. He hated being in the NFL. He likes the college schedule…coaches pow-wowing w/o players during the morning, then implementing the plans during the afternoon. He likes “affecting” players. He lives on that. He can’t get that in the NFL. Been there, done that…burned the T-shirt.</p>

<p>latest from SI … [Nick</a> Saban?s wife says he?s not leaving Alabama, laments fans? lack of ?appreciation? | SI Wire](<a href=“http://tracking.si.com/2013/11/25/nick-saban-wife-terry-alabama-texas-rumors/?eref=sihp]Nick”>http://tracking.si.com/2013/11/25/nick-saban-wife-terry-alabama-texas-rumors/?eref=sihp)</p>

<p>A denial of interest in taking the Texas job … also some info on the Michigan State to LSU move (not Saban’s best communication episode either)</p>