Texas coach about to announce retirement

<p>more from coach Saban … [Nick</a> Saban, Alabama Crimson Tide coach, says he has no timetable for how long he will continue coaching - ESPN](<a href=“http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10049388/nick-saban-alabama-crimson-tide-coach-says-no-table-how-long-continue-coaching]Nick”>Nick Saban, Alabama Crimson Tide coach, says he has no timetable for how long he will continue coaching - ESPN)</p>

<p>old news…</p>

<p>He’s said that again and again. He hasn’t set a retirement date. He’s at the age and position that he can retire anytime. He’ll probably retire when he’s ready to retire. (like, uh, many people who are financially set).</p>

<p>First let me say that I just got around to reading this thread in its entirety today and I was flabbergasted at Lucie’s statements about M2CK.</p>

<p>Lucie: your post in which you say “I don’t know if you have an official position at Bama or if you’re just a really loyal and enthusiastic booster, but your role on these forums of belittling posters who raise even the minutest criticism of the university do it no favors” is a really mean spirited post.</p>

<p>Many posters here and their students owe most (if not all) of what they know about the University of Alabama and Tuscaloosa to M2CK. Some students only come to UA because of the time M2CK spends on making them aware of the scholarships and opportunities. Simply read any thread and you will see the time and devotion that she gives to prospective students and their parents. Many here have benefitted from her private messages and untiring help and are grateful. Other parents post and help but none with more devotion than M2CK. I am sorry that you don’t like when the “record” is set straight or “opinions” are posted that don’t fit your slant on things.</p>

<p>Ditto what robotbldmom stated!! </p>

<p>M2CK is approaching the magical 50,000 post mark!! (probably passed it while I was typing this message). Thank you for all you do and the encouragement that you give to prospective students.</p>

<p>Robotbldmom, I want to “like” your post. I may not have many posts, but check my join date because M2CK guided us through the whole process all the way through high school without even knowing it. Her commitment here is amazing. I know there are countless others who feel as we do.</p>

<p>Just read Lucie’s whole post. Bahaha. If Mom’s not on the payroll she should be!! Her work for the university is invaluable!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>And then there’s this …</p>

<p>[Nick</a> Saban to Texas Appears to be a Done Deal | The Football Brainiacs](<a href=“http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/nick-saban-to-texas-appears-to-be-a-done-deal]Nick”>Nick Saban to Texas Appears to be a Done Deal - The Football Brainiacs - OU Edition)</p>

<p>Having started this thread to razz my Bama friends and fellow Bama parents, I have to say now, it’s not so funny, after the loss to Auburn… I do not believe Saban is coming to Texas. In an interesting twist, I have heard that Malzhan is up for the job. Oh what a tangled web we weave!</p>

<p>This carries about as much weight as those “chance me” threads!</p>

<p>Has anyone here mentioned that Terry Saban shot down those rumors in the Wall Street journal piece last week? She said they are NOT leaving! Can we please put these rumors to rest for once? They have said they aren’t leaving. Let it go!</p>

<p>We need to put all the rumor mongers together and let them fight it out as to who’s going to Texas…</p>

<p>Gus Malzahn or Nick Saban?</p>

<p>It seems all the smoke regarding Texas’ next head coach is coming from the state of Alabama.</p>

<p>After Auburn won the Iron Bowl, Sports Illustrated derived a report linking Malzahn and Texas, where some of Malzahn’s closest friends said he called it his ‘dream job’.</p>

<p>According to a source, Malzahn has told friends privately that coaching the Longhorns is his dream job. If confronted with the choice between Auburn and Austin, it’s a no-brainer move for Malzahn to bolt. The best job in the Big 12 is a much more stable place than The Plains, as even a play-caller of Malzahn’s acumen isn’t likely to make adjustments to historical trends.</p>

<p>Malzahn responded to the report during his press conference, and he didn’t deny the report. Why? It’s good business, via AL.com.</p>

<p>“The response is, I’m tickled to death to be the head coach of the Auburn Tigers,” Malzahn said.</p>

<p>“I’m very blessed to be the head coach of the Auburn Tigers,” Malzahn said. “I really appreciate the guys that gave me this opportunity and believed in me. We are playing for the SEC championship, so it’s been a good year.”</p>

<p>Auburn AD Jay Jacobs has already said Malzahn will get an increase in salary and a possible contract extension after the season.</p>

<p>Saban is going to Cal in quest of the ultimate challenge. I heard it from a dude with dreads and a glass pipe on Telegraph Avenue.</p>

<p>On a related note, Jerry Jones has purchased the University of Texas and will name himself as head coach after the bowl season.</p>

<p>Malanai,</p>

<p>Is Berry Switzer going to be AD?</p>

<p>I love me the Bootlegger’s Boy!</p>

<p>Alas, no, TXArchitect. Jerry’s going to be AD as well. ;)</p>

<p>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!</p>

<p>I like the Longhorns as well. Jerry already ruined the only NFL team I even bothered to care about. JJ needs to just GO! Go back to Arkansas! </p>

<p>FYI, there is a story here in Texas that the new UT AD has said that they have NOT had any contact with Saban.</p>

<p>Just read the same story TxNewCollege Mom</p>

<p>[Texas</a> President Bill Powers Speaks out on Nick Saban Rumors | Bleacher Report](<a href=“Texas President Bill Powers Speaks out on Nick Saban Rumors | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report”>Texas President Bill Powers Speaks out on Nick Saban Rumors | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report)</p>

<p>FYI, there is a story here in Texas that the new UT AD has said that they have NOT had any contact with Saban.</p>

<p>Gee…how does that square with the “75% chance that Saban is going to Texas.” Longhorn fans need to accept that wishful thinking is not the same as reality or predictability.</p>

<p>That said, I wouldn’t be shocked if Saban retired after this season or an upcoming one. But, as for going to the NFL or to another Div I school…very unlikely. I could see him retiring and opening some kind of “camp” for HS school students to attend in the summer. He likes to teach, he likes to form…and you only get that with young adults…not full grown 25+ year old men.</p>

<p>Oh I don’t know know how many t-sips really ever thought Saban was headed our way, or if we just enjoyed razzing our Bama friends…:)</p>

<p>m2ck, I was just reporting what I read. Believe me, I am not “wishful thinking.” I don’t really want someone like Saban, who jumps ship so readily.</p>

<p>Right…wasn’t talking about you. I’m asking how that squares with all those “insider- football-program-connected-Longhorns” sending emails out? Seems like they’re confusing wishful thinking with reality.</p>

<p>I only posted the link to poke at the diehard 'Bama and UT fans who seem really fixated on this issue. Most UT fans I know, just like ML, do not want Saban (many refer to him as Satan on their FB posts :wink: ) though I think they’re tune will change should he come to UT and lead the team to another national championship.</p>