Texas coach about to announce retirement

<p>many refer to him as Satan on their FB posts</p>

<p>yep! Sour grapes can cause that sort of thing.</p>

<p>First I want to concur with the kind things another poster said about M2CK - I know how much she has helped many,many students and families navigate scholarships and other programs at UA. Anyone that loves the school so much is going to be a bit defensive, but I find M2CK posts informative and factual; highly intelligent mom with great kids who both have been highly successful graduates of UA.</p>

<p>A mom I know through youth orchestra (saw me in grocery store) got to know M2CK through CC and since mom knows I am long-time friends with M2CK had me pass along her profound thanks to M2CK for guidance on an alumni scholarship which her D got at UA in addition to Presidential. M2CK has really been doing a public service with sharing her knowledge of UA and universities with others via CC.</p>

<p>Lucie and SSchicken, I would hope you would reflect on what you post. Would you have said face to face what you posted? Sometimes people post things that are much harsher than what they would say face to face.</p>

<p>I have not been on CC long - only since Dec; I relied on my good friend M2CK for information. I have kind of gotten ‘hooked’, learning and sharing info via CC.</p>

<p>Having followed UA football more closely with M2CK’s children there and DD going, I have followed what has been in AL newspapers - M2CK related exactly what ‘went down’ when Mal Moore made a trip to Miami to try to get Nick Saban to come coach for UA - showing up w/o appt. Nick Saban may show a temper on UA sidelines, but he values his reputation, and anyone would regret how the facts ‘went down’ when he changed his mind after being approached by Mal Moore (RIP).</p>

<p>By the way, Mal Moore was quite a gentleman and his passing was sad for the entire UA community. Even my BIL ND graduate did not know that Mal Moore at one time was an ass’t coach at ND.</p>

<p>@SOSConcern: Was it really necessary to resurrect this thread and call out other users? There’s no problem responding to comments brought up by the OP and posts responding to the OP, but it seems awfully petty to bring up old “drama” (which was unnecessary to begin with). I don’t think that is productive. I think these issues should be left alone after this point. Individuals can PM others if they want to discuss something.</p>

<p>Cdreams, obviously I did believe it was necessary :slight_smile: I disagree with what is productive and what is not. I believe it is good to give the support and constructive feedback. Maybe people have had time to reflect on their comments (helpful or not). Also when things are controversial, how to handle with better grace. Obviously CC is popular for many reasons, but one is because people have a great deal of emotions with colleges for themselves, their S or D, strong feelings for their alma mater, strong feelings when there have been so many people gracious at a particular campus and a few like to throw out digs. As my D would say “just sayin”.</p>

<p>Collegiate, not sure what you mean that this thread was “unnecessary”. The Saban/Texas rumor was hot news back in the fall. If it’s not of interest, I’d recommend just moving on to the threads that are of interest. Doing otherwise would just result in a self inflicted wound.</p>

<p>@txdoula: I wasn’t referring to the thread/OP, I was referring to the drama that was stirred up earlier on in the thread. This thread topic is not unnecessary, the drama is. I have no problem with discussion about Saban, Texas, etc., but I don’t think SOSConcern should have brought up the past issues involving specific users targeting other users. That’s my opinion, and I will leave it at that. I think this thread should be left to discussion about the topic at hand, and everything else should be taken to private messages (or even better, just dropped completely). </p>

<p>CollegiateDreams
You could have contacted SOS by PM as well, rather than calling her out in a public forum.</p>

<p>Right?</p>

<p>Yes, I could have done the same with you, but you were hand-slapping when you were guilty of same.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids: You are right. I was hoping the conversation would have just ended, and would not have the others who were called out respond, etc. especially since the post was made months after the previous post. I’m not looking to stir anything up, and should have just ignored it since this seemed to hurt more than help, which was not my intent at all. Moving along now.</p>