The Bragging Thread

Hooah

With the check Iā€™ll be getting the first week of May, iIā€™ll have gotten over $1000 back in free money from mrrebates!!!

My last one out is preparing to take the AP Chinese exam and walks around the house singing the most lovely, wan, flowy tunes in Chinese.(Perhaps it is the same tune, and I hear him at different points each time.)

He never, ever sings in English, and so I smile - but say nothing - that he has found joy in his study of this language, once completely foreign to him.

I posted this to the get it off your chest thread, but I still feel like bragging:
My daughter got into D.O. school!!! Her first choice school, off the waiting list!!!

@oldmom4896 : That is such great news!! Getting off the wait list is pretty darn impossible, so congratulations to her!

Got into my 3 top schools as a transfer!

D aced her finals. Including thermo. Second highest grade in the class. So proud of her!!!

My S ā€œMarie Kondoā€™d all my nonprofit stuff, our kitchen and both bathrooms! He also bought us 3 replacements of our wedding crystal online (we had broken a glass and he decided to buy two of that and one if the other type of glasses we had so we now have crystal for 9. .

S2 will be getting his masterā€™s degree this week. He graduated college in 2012 (actually 2011.5) and took his time before he decided to apply to grad school. Heā€™s gone to school part-time for the last 3 years, while holding down a full-time job. So proud of him. Just wish we could celebrate with him.

DS (UG class of 2007) just got official acceptance to his grad school program. Heā€™s taken a couple of classes provisionally; now he can matriculate toward the degree.

Final grades for the semester posted. 3.95!!! Only one A-, the rest all As, including in Thermo. Sooooo soooo proud of my D and in awe of her work ethic. Seeing first hand the number of hours she studies/week was crazy. Sheā€™s loving her new job too and so excited with her projects.

Son got an award at work. He could turn it into $500 in gift certificates to popular stores, or donate it with a value of $700 or so.
He donated it to something related to the CDC.

Since working from home I couldnā€™t brag anymore in the office. Now I can brag here. My son was accepted by 3 prestigious Canadian universities. Two of the programs are honors, which are very competitive. He is also accepted by one US university, which is a pretty good school. I am proud of him!

D is graduating (no ceremony though) from her full time MBA program today. She is one of only ten full time MBA students to receive honors for her GPA.

23-year-old ChoatieLT bought a beautiful new house yesterday. Amazing what $$ buys in GA. Weā€™re so happy for him, but sad that we wonā€™t be able to see it until we feel safe traveling. Weā€™re having a virtual cocktail celebration with him this evening. Heā€™s so far ahead of where we were at his age.

DDā€™17 (AAS in Graphic Design) had her t-shirt design chosen as the one to be produced and sold at our State Fair this year (or onlineā€¦)!

At the end of the very first week in a new job, kiddo got a 13% raise and lots of good compliments! :smiley: :love: :star:

Iā€™m a lib refusing to be triggered.

Debated whether to post here or on the get it off my chest thread

@doschicos: At the end of the first week?!!

Yup! An unexpected but pleasant surprise. I had told kiddo to negotiate when offered the job but they donā€™t always listen to Mom. Things worked out well this time anyway. This was for a job offered on the spot at the initial interview for a very specific, more unconventional skill set.