The Bragging Thread

:gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart:!!!

1 Like

:gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart:!!!

My daughter just submitted her first movie to Sundance, first time as director. My husband and I are now named in this movie produced by my daughter. We’re famous, lol. Well not really, we are just the driver and driver’s assistant, because people can’t drive stick shift, but I’m proud that my daughter directed her first movie.

36 Likes

That’s exciting
and you should be proud!

3 Likes

Thank You, we are. But the most important thing is my daughter feels confident and happy with her career.

6 Likes

I went to the Laver Cup yesterday and got to see Fed’s last competition match, where he played doubles with Rafa. It was a GREAT day of tennis.

During a time where rivalries often devolve into spectacles of pseudo entertainment, Roger and Rafa’s competitive friendship is so endearing, genuine and down to earth. When they were crying, many in the stands were also overcome with emotion.

I know many people like the drama that comes with theatrical meltdowns and “passionate” rage, but “Fedal” have managed over their respective long professional tennis careers to conduct themselves so well, both on and off the court. I am such a fan.

16 Likes

What an amazing opportunity to be there. They are both class acts and such an excellent example of competitors who respect and adore each other.

3 Likes

My DH bought the tickets when they went on sale, not knowing what our comfort level would be with the “Covid travel situation”. Fortunately, everything has worked well so far
(knock on wood).

We have nice seats (row N) and though my DH joked we could sell our tickets for a pretty profit (to pay for the entire vacation), we chose not to do it. Glad and grateful, we were there.

6 Likes

My SiL was just named a Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS). This honor is given to fewer than 1/2 of 1% of its members.

Not bad for a student who went to a non-elite undergrad (Penn State) and did his PhD at non-elite grad school (UNM).

30 Likes

Today, the same kid who toured this summer turned that gig into a part-time job through 2023 paying a great salary for someone who only committed to 10 hours a week! Oh, and he gets to go back on tour next year so plenty more frequent-flier miles and hotel points. Yea!

13 Likes

20 month old GD knows colors now and is potty trained. Not sure which one is more meaningful to put on her Harvard application.

12 Likes

Definitely the potty trained! :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Another exciting week for our D - costumes she’s designed for Megan Thee Stallion & backup dancers will be on SNL next week & a Pepsi campaign with Chlöe has just started hitting the airwaves (those costumes were done months ago) - it was shot as a music video (think Michael Jackson when his hair caught fire while shooting the Pepsi campaign) - which allows for using as much or as little for spots (in movie theaters the full thing, on TV bits and pieces).

18 Likes

I may have seen one of those costumes on one of the “entertainment shows” yesterday evening.

I may have seen one of those costumes on one of the “entertainment shows” yesterday evening.

Oooohhh! Please do tell - which artist? Which costume? And which entertainment show?

I’m out of my league here, but Access Hollywood had a segment on the two girls that signed with BeyoncĂ© and one was doing a Pepsi commercial. I’m not sure what her name is - maybe Chloe? It was supposed to pay tribute to “Footloose” maybe? I remember the blue cowboy boots were part of the outfit.

1 Like

Yes! That’s Chloe! She’s wearing my Ds designs in the Footloose Pepsi campaign (the finale piece - the company she works for designed the booty shorts/bolero)! Thank you. :blush:

4 Likes

Would you be able to,post pictures of the outfits?

I don’t have stills - but I found the Access Hollywood piece - here’s a link Behind-The-Scenes At Chloe Bailey’s ‘Footloose’ Inspired Pepsi Commercial | Access

Chloe is wearing my Ds design in the finale piece - the company she works for designed the booty shorts/bolero.

I didn’t realize that Chloe is the sister of the young woman who will be playing Ariel in the new Little Mermaid film.

5 Likes