The Bragging Thread

Is that a Wire Haired Pointing Griffon?

She was a rescue so we aren’t sure exactly. Consensus view is she is part poodle and possibly Australian Shepard. We were blessed to take her in once she was about 8 months to a year so she was already 40+lbs.

We take her everywhere.

5 Likes

@gpo613 thats great. This is the cafe. And this thread’s brags don’t have to be about college!

2 Likes

That face! There is nothing like an awesome dog!

She does look like she has some griffon in her with that beard. Best and smartest dog I have ever had is my griffon.

6 Likes

Your pup is a gorgeous dog and very stylish😀!!!

Prior to our current dog we rescued a PBGV and griffon mix (we did the DNA test). We are a family of muts.

Such a pretty, kind and smart breed.

7 Likes

Oh those faces!!! Muts are great!

We rescued this guy at the beginning of covid. He is 80+ lbs and thinks he is a lap dog! He looks at me everyday like “thank you for taking me in!”

11 Likes

Soulful!! Great addition to your family😀.

1 Like

should we start a picture of your dog thread?

6 Likes

I feel like there was one within the last year
 if someone can find to revive

I just won a $200 gift card to our local grocery store for posting a winter pic from our town. If you look carefully
you can see the poor forsythia.

13 Likes

Not this winter is it? Can’t imagine you’ve had a forsythia in bloom yet!

Wow, now you can load up on eggs if they have them!!! :laughing:

Pic was taken in April 2022. It snowed
on my forsythia!

The actual picture sparkles.

5 Likes

I know it’s his job, so expected at times, but I still am thrilled that my doctor son was able to literally save a kid’s life not long ago. The misdiagnosis would have killed her and no one else working at the time thought along his line of thinking given her progression. He’s gotten some kudos at work. There are a lot of “phews!”

It was also helpful that he had a student shadowing him that day and told them, “sometimes you have to step outside the box and consider other alternatives.”

Way to go, buddy. All parents thank you. No one wants to lose a young child.

18 Likes

So proud of my daughter, she got the big promotion she has been working hard towards!

22 Likes

In a text from D19:

“Ya know
you guys were pretty tough on us growing up and had high expectations but to watch some people be just simply so dumb and bad at basic things makes me grateful for everything you did. Even if it was annoying at the time.”

Made two old and tired parents happy.

17 Likes

Musician Chloe came back for more
after D designed the outfit Chloe wore for the Pepsi campaign, she tapped D to design something for a music video
Don’t look it up because (unfortunately) it’s got “that human piece of garbage Chris Brown” (quote from D) in it, Chloe just dropped the music video & is proudly wearing her design - having repeat clients is super important in this field. 
I’ll save you the trouble and have isolated some shots

15 Likes

Musician Fletcher wearing original designs by my D who will be heading to Paris soon to see an ad campaign she designed for come to life in the Metro
seriously, support your creatives!

23 Likes

Thankful for small accomplishments–was able to update my website to reflect that AmazonSmile no longer has a program :frowning: Also was able to move info about the defunct program to bottom of donation info and remove their graphic about the program.

Also was able to register my H for our immigration to Japan without much trouble–his vaccine card was approved shortly after I submitted it (less than an hour! (I did mine days prior and it didn’t appear H would be getting around to doing his.)

Also, after over a week of hassles, was finally able to determine that the DME that provided mom’s gel mattress pad is following Medicare’s guidelines in only providing ONE item–either a gel pad OR a mattress in a 5 year period. Anything else is on the patient/family to obtain on their own! It’s painful navigating this craziness!

3 Likes

Whoops—spoke too soon. Didn’t read that we have to save screenshots of the approval of vax card until later, so had to redo. Also learned I made a mistake by using one email account for more than one passenger. Oh well, re-did things and saved screenshots. Phew!

Champagne for everyone! Woke up this morning to hear that the USC Television Graduate School tv show that our D designed costumes for won the College Television Awards Emmy for Best Drama Series! This award is shared with the entire production team and I was impressed when I heard the nomination as “the production team” rather than a name or two.

12 Likes