The Bragging Thread

This is sort of a double non-personal brag.

I’m watching the live stream of the Princeton 2023 graduation - my nephew is graduating! (first non-personal brag) And I was able to spot him on the livestream!

But the other “brag” is just that it makes me SO happy and proud for all these families - all families at graduation - that even though these about to be grads are in their early 20’s most of them are totally looking for and waving excitedly at their families in the stands. Full of pride and excitement and so happy that what they want is to spot their loved ones and say “look at me! I did it!” Choked up!!! :sob:

9 Likes

That was the school … and my mentee was at the graduation!

7 Likes

Just now on FB, my son’s boss posted about how wonderful ds and his work partner are. Such a surprise! Sure is nice to know your kid’s boss thinks highly of your kid.

12 Likes

Thanks for the push to contact my mentee. I DM’d him & he responded right away. He says he’s thought about me often, and he will visit when he’s in town (he hasn’t been back in a few years). He is doing extremely well in his life, not just in terms of work, but in his personal relationships. It was wonderful to be brought up to date. Thanks again!

17 Likes

That’s wonderful! Glad you reached out.

1 Like

What a wonderful outcome! I"m so delighted for you both!!

My D got matched to her #1 choice for her surgery fellowship! Very proud of her!

29 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter and your family! Very impressive!

1 Like

DS1 got a promotion and now heads his small dept. He hasn’t announced it on social media so I have to come here to brag!

11 Likes

SIL will be giving a seminar at Yale’s Quantum Institute next week. It’s his second invited talk there this year.

He’s also a finalist candidate for an endowed professorship at major US university.

25 Likes

DS got called to play as a sub in a mid tier professional orchestra with concerts this weekend. When he arrived he found he was playing first position on his instrument and that the orchestra would be playing a piece where he would be a featured soloist. I asked via text how the rehearsal went last night. He reported that he received a “bravo” from the conductor after one of his solos and that the entire orchestra gave him a round of applause after the featured solo piece. So proud of my kid who is still in conservatory as he enters the professional music world.

25 Likes

The internet is all abuzz today because Janelle Monae exposed a breast during a concert. In our house we know the real buzz is because she’s wearing garments designed by our D. :blush:

22 Likes

5s across the board.

7 Likes

Was the garnent designed to let her do this ? :slight_smile:

It was, yes. It was Janelle’s request - it was part of her act.

6 Likes

I don’t think it’ll ever get old for me. Billie Eilish sporting garments designed by my D for her new video What Was I Made For as part of the new Barbie movie soundtrack.

24 Likes

My son got the job!

Very proud of him. It was totally his own process, and the final interview was the only in-person one.

28 Likes

D24 passed the CLEP exam for Calculus today. Between that, a 2nd CLEP exam she took a couple of months ago, and the AP scores she has, she’ll get credit for about 6-7 classes based on where she ends up attending. Super proud of our kid!

14 Likes

Tomorrow night I am going to my 32nd Billy Joel concert over 40 years of fandom.

13 Likes

Wow. That’s a lot of Billy Joel concerts.

1 Like