The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

Awesome! Congrats!

Do “financial aid waitlists” mean something else than regular ones at these schools? This particular letter said something to the effect of if you can afford to enroll without aid to reach out to the director of admissions. Does that mean if you decide to pay and let them know that they’ll take your kid?

there are schools that consider new applicants after M10, depending on space. When our plans fell through at the last minute last year (like April 8th timing), we reached out to several willing to take a look at her application. We ultimately chose another path, but to say none entertain applicants after March 10 simply is not true across the board.

5 Likes

My daughter applied a few years ago, but we loved Erby Mitchell, the Dean of Admissions at Hotchkiss.

1 Like

Do you play a sport? Northwoods is very focused on athletes…almost too focused, tbh. My daughter was looking there for ice hockey but ultimately decided the “all sports all the time” emphasis was not what she wanted.

1 Like

Accepted: Taft, Salisbury, NMH
Waitlist: Berkshire

Very pleased with these results — we loved all 4 of these schools! (although as a Deerfield grad myself, I used to consider them enemies :wink:

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

4 Likes

You should also send an email to the AO that you interviewed with, or you can reach out to the office and send an email explaining why they are the school for you. There is a lot about this on the WaitList Board from a previous year: The Wait List - #2508 by PhotographerMom

1 Like

My understanding is yes, that is what it means. But you 100% should call and ask/discuss etc.

3 Likes

SOOO relieved - I was tracking an inbound USPS package as a highly-likely acceptance and it was!

So far
Accept: BUA
WL: Concord
Waiting on 3 more…(2 LDS, 1 day/boarding)

I shouldn’t get ahead of myself, but that is what this thread is for, right? If kid decides to attend BUA, they are also (more or less) accepted to college :scream: :scream:

3 Likes

I agree with what you’re saying but think about this maybe on that WL is a student who is looking for FA. They might have a spot but they don’t have the fund anymore so they go to the rolling over list. Many schools do the rolling over admissions but not with the FA.

When did you hear from The Hill School?

1 Like

Track but SZN was cute short…makes sense

Im leaving this thread, seeing all these acceptances has got me bummed lol

1 Like

wl by both mercersburg and webb (only 2 i applied to as a international student).

1 Like

Congrats everyone! Feel free to reach out if you have questions about Lawrenceville.

1 Like

i got waitlisted from loomis. how can I improve my chances?

3 Likes

There is nothing you can do to improve your chances of getting off any WL. The WL is for the benefit of the school so it can fill any empty spots after A10. A WL could be 500 deep and if you are one they want and need, you’ll get off it. A WL could have only 5 and if you are not one they want or need, you won’t get off it. In either case, you have zero ability to assess chances.

If Loomis is definitely your first-choice school and you would definitely accept a spot if called, you should let them know that because, if spots do become available, the school wants to know who will accept and not waste time with applicants who have moved on. However, you should consider a WL a rejection and move on. If you happen to be one of those who get the call, you can deal with that news when it comes, but you should assume it will never come. Love the school that loves you.

3 Likes

what grade were you applying for?

Anything from Pennington, Baylor or Governor’s so far?

We started this journey later in the fall and were unable to visit any of the schools. We are on the west coast and our child’s team has made it to nationals which coincides with revisit days. We are looking for any information about the schools he was accepted into. We are looking for the vibe of the campus, the students (collaborative, kind, cut-throat, etc), workload and stress level and anything else you can provide. We also just realized that some schools may require the most recent Covid booster which our child has not had and we hadn’t really thought about that. So any information would be greatly appreciated as we try and make a decision.
Northfield Mount Hermon, Williston Northampton, Choate, St George’s and Portsmouth Abbey

3 Likes