Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Thank you @Vicky2019 for detailing RPI/AMC process.

1 Like

@shineBSMD

Assume you are a student. If so, my recommendation for you is to stop reading this forum and delegate it to parents, siblings or friends. They will summarize for you. Same with checking emails (and the spam folder). Your time is better spent enjoying the last few months of high school.

im pretty sure we hear in like jan-feb

I received AMC supplement from Union yesterday.

I have yet to hear back from NJIT. I’m somewhat concerned that I have not received an interview from NJIT considering I have a med research publication submitted to an international journal as well as other pretty solid ecs.

Is NJIT still sending out interview invites?

Penn State sent emails on Nov 16

Mine was with a postdoc and an academic dean (2 interviewers)

I’ve heard that Siena decides who gets AMC interviews whereas RPI and Union have interviews chosen by AMC directly. Can anybody confirm? Has anyone gotten a supplement from Siena yet?

Do you know any specific Agancy for Bs Md?

Did SKMC contact you via email for an interview? Did they contact you immediately after there was a status change on the portal or in a few days?
Does the status on Penn State portal change once you have been called for an interview?

Yes, SKMC contacted via email. Don’t know how long after - since my D rarely checks status on college portals. No change of status on portal after receiving interview email/confirmation.

1 Like

Thanks.

Penn State U sent an email with the SKMC interview details. Asked us to confirm our acceptance of the offer to interview with Thomas Jefferson University Contact person. We sent an email to them and got confirmed.
No change in Penn State portal. Still it says that we forwarded you application to SKMC and they will contact you…

Thanks for the details. Waiting patiently for some news :slight_smile:

y’all, UCinncinnati connections was cancelled for 2021 applicants :((((
lowkey sad bc i already applied to the undergrad school just in case. ugh unnecessary essay writing. oh well. it can join HPME to the grave (except I think ucininnati is only cancelled for this year)

You don’t need to feel bad unless you are instate for Cinci. They used to take one OOS per year.

Called Penn state. They said they are currently reviewing the applications.
We are not sure on how many interviews went out so far.

2 Likes

hey everyone, I emailed penn state and they said:

"As of yesterday all the invitations have gone out for the PMM SKMC interviews. If you do not receive one, you can still attend Penn State. "

Looks like that’s it for PSU/SKMC

1 Like

Looks like each one is getting a different message from PSU/SKMC. I think it’s better to move on without any expectations.

1 Like

Has NJIT already sent out all of their interviews? For those of you that got an interview, when did you apply?

NJIT/NJMS interview is a prescreening interview and deals with your common app. There is nothing about NJMS interview since NJMS will do its own screening after NJIT forwards application of those selected by it.