Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

BTW, what is the general consensus about the blog Student Doctor Network (sometimes abbreviated as SDN)

Does anyone know the process for the UMN JAS Program (like the approximate timeline and stuff like that)?

Got a reply from RPI that they are still reviewing applications and are not done sending AMC supplements. So students who applied to RPI/AMC and have not received AMC supplement - no need to get disappointed (just yet). Be patient.

It has its own value.

Think it is for instate applicants only, someone posted on last year’s main or results thread about it. You may want search with key words or phrases (JAS, MN, Minnesota etc) and may want to private message the person for any further details if needed.

Just got off the phone with Penn State, and as far as they are aware, it is still possible to receive an interview invite within the next few weeks (probably until Dec 21 as other posters have said)

1 Like

has anyone received acceptance to seton hall’s bs/md program yet? i got an acceptance video but it doesn’t state what my major is or if i got accepted to the bs/md.

1 Like

What is the consensus about the Seton Hall BS/MD program? Is it a good program to consider applying to?

Is it recommended to apply to the Seton Hall bs/md program?

Per Forum Rules:

In order to fulfill our mission of being the best college discussion forum, we want important topics to be discussed here at College Confidential. Linking to discussions elsewhere defeats this purpose.

Please do not make posts inviting users to PM you for a Zoom link, discord link, etc. Do not make posts inviting users to PM you for private counselling. All such posts, and any posts at moderators’ discretion will be deleted.

@BrainDeadProdigy - Can you please help us with CASPER. I am sure, lot of people will need help with this question. Instead of PM - can you help us here in the general forum ?
How to prepare for it ?

So far I have received 0 interview invites from the 9 BSMD programs I’ve applied to. Should I give up on hoping for an interview and just expect to go to my state school and attempt to get into med school that way?

It’s early.

well, it’s not even mid december rn. most interview invites go out in jan-feb, so still have hope.

Definitely shouldn’t lose hope yet. Only Penn State and NJIT are pretty much done so far.

And RPI in previous years has sent out supplements throughout December.

@shineBSMD Could you please list the BS/MD programs you applied to?

This is not too late to receive an II. All BS/MD applicants are encouraged to have plan B.

Seton Hall is interview only guaranteed program as far as I remember. In the senior year of the program. Very much possible one may not be able to matriculate based on how they feel about you. Try to search their web site to get a feel of any stats they may have regarding the med school rates for those in the program.
Meridian health with whom they have tie up for residencies is pretty solid though, if one manages to get into med school.

Do we know for sure that NJIT is done? I was expecting an II for my D.