Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Not sure, best is to email or call NJIT and get it answered.

My daughter got the video first. She got a letter much later to let her know she got into the BA/MD program. If I remember correctly, she got the letter several weeks later. I don’t think you need to worry about it though. If you have the stats, you will get in. This is not a regular BA MD program as it only guarantees an interview with med school.

It was my daughter’s safety, and as she got her acceptance into it quite soon, she is not more relaxed about the whole process. She would probably choose a more traditional BA/MD program over this one if given a chance. But it does’nt hurt to have this as a backup.

Not sure, let me know if you find out more information.

Found data for Seton Hall BS/MD program

300 students roughly accepted per year
73 enroll in the program
37 students make it through the program
27 students are accepted to the medical school after guaranteed interview

Gives this program a total attrition rate of 63 percent with only 37 percent of initial cohort making it through.

Doesn’t seem like that great of a program given that in the traditional route 40 percent of applicants get into at least one MD medical school.

What do you guys think about University of Illinois Chicago as a safety school for me? Will it provide me adequate resources for being a pre med?

Any knowledge of medical ethics and psychology will certainly help. This is based on feedback from some one who took the test earlier this year.

It is a recently opened medical school in NJ and it will take time to establish itself. The Meridian Health Network is good and spread all over NJ.

Probably time to move on but confirm by calling NJIT honors.

thank god omg

If anyone has turned in RPI/AMC app, is the payment after we save our application? I don’t want to miss the deadline tonight ahh

Check the UIC GPPA website for recent update. CASPer test report is a requirement for medical school.

Of course, if you do not want to submit the AMC supplement, why would you pay the fee. If you do not submit the AMC supplement with required fee, you will not get an interview invitation from AMC. But you can still be rejected by AMC after submitting the supplement(with no refund of the fee).

Any 4 year institution will prepare you by offering medical school pre-requisites ( a set of courses). You have to do your own preparations for MCAT using all available resources such as prep materials, coaching classes. You have to find all medical related ECs, volunteering and research opportunities by yourself at any university. Nothing will be given to you on a platter in a university or college.

The payment was after saving the application for Union/AMC, so its probably the same for RPI/AMC

ok, thanks! I didn’t want to miss it last minute.

This question also gave me some trouble when I was doing the supplemental. I actually went more broad, and wrote something similar to what @rk2017 described. They actually want something a little bit more specific. You should choose a topic, can be broad (like comparing telemedicine efficacy vs. inperson visit efficacy), and give the framework of the project. Just make sure it is a topic you can speak on, as they will ask you more about it in the interview

I remember giving a broad answer and the program director told all of us at the interview “I don’t think you guys understood how to respond to this question.” It’s weird that they haven’t thought about changing the wording of the question or clarifying the level of detail they want.

1 Like

It’s very early to give up on interviews. I got most of my interview offers in January and February. The traditional route is also a great option, it gives you a lot of flexibility (provided you get the grades).

1 Like

When do we usually hear from Rowan ? Anyone here submitted for Rowan MD/DO program ?

1 Like