Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I did not even receive the supplement from RIT due on Dec 6. Was that just from RIT?

@mom2boys1999

Congratulations !!!

1 Like

How did you find out it’s due by Dec 15. So far, we have not heard from any feeder schools about the SUNY supplements.

Nothing from RIT. Just checked & application status still Under Review. I’m not sure but does one needs to be accepted to RIT UG to receive supplement? (similar to Hofstra, Baylor)

Received Hofstra UG + Honors acceptance in the USPS mail today

The number of applicants for traditional route is up 18% this year over last year, according to AAMC - calling it ‘Fouci Effect’. Do you expect same for BSMD applications (combined with test optional policies)?

Congratulations @mom2boys1999!

1 Like

Do any University of Rochester/Boston University BS/MD applicants know when we are notified of undergrad acceptance? I know the programs normally notify you in Jan/Feb but do they notify you of your undergrad acceptance any earlier?

@redherring979 All you need a call to admission’s office of each program.
FYI, BU SMED does not automatically give BU UG admission without successful SMED selection after an interview.

1 Like

@redherring979 -

Rochester REMS BS/MD finalist/non-finalist status in 3rd or 4th week of January. If you are a non finalist and not invited for interview, they will still consider for Undergrad admission.

BU SMED BS/MD finalist status in 1st or 2nd week of January. If you are a non finalist and not invited for interview, no consideration for Undergrad admission. This is mentioned very clearly by BU. However, students can call admission office and tell them to change your application from BS/MD to regular undergrad by 1st week of February.

1 Like

Here is the admissions profile 2024 NJMS class

Make your own conclusions. This should include bsmd matriculants in the total, IMO.
Out of state = 29/178
URM = 43/178
NJ residents = 149/178
Male = 88/178
Female = 90/178
Source : http://njms.rutgers.edu/admissions/documents/AdmissionsInformation.pdf

1 Like

Won’t be surprised if 20/29 OOS are from their BS/MD stream* from various feeders.
They interviewed very few OOS traditional route since they know most won’t join.
The number accepted from that number is not given either, but let’s say 50. Of which some 10 may have matriculated. Other 40 would have gone to their own state med school or private med schools which also cost in the same price range as NJMS for OOS.

‘*’ Seems OOS BS/MD students qualify for in state med school tuition, but bother about verifying that if and when it comes to that.

The feeder school ACPHS admission email says the supplementals have to be completed by Dec 15th and still dint get the email from SUNY upstate.

My D got invitation to apply to the UPitt GAP. How many are invited and how many are selected for interview? Does anyone have any stats on Upitt GAP, VCU, BU , CaseWestern and REMS.

2 Likes

Did you get an email from ACHPS saying that you were accepted to their UG and that you will be forwarded to SUNY, and when did you get it?

Congratulations
When did you receive the U PItt GAP supplemental?

1 Like

Congrats! Was it sent over email or in the Pitt Passport?

Congrats! Was it sent through snail mail or email? Also, does it show up on the portal?

Thanks all. Received the letter in mail today. It said that D is now eligible to apply for GAP and interview notification would come in February. The actual GAP supplemental has not come yet. Previous email from a while back said it would come on December 15.

3 Likes

In my Pitt mobile portal, my major changed from undecided to pre-medicine. Has anyone observed a similar change?