Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@muscarf - Sending recommendation from the professors who provided guidance and supervised your son is a good idea. If the professor knows your son really well and can provide a personal recommendation with examples, it will be beneficial to your son for sure!

Congratulations on PMM, RPI, GAP and wish your son the very best.

If you are planning on writing the email to Harvard admissions showing continued interest (since he was deferred), you can include in this email any progress he has made such as scoring well in Spanish biliteracy test or finishing individual research. In addition you can mention his continued interest and participation in any ECs during 12th grade. These should be presented casually as the activities he is undertaking ā€¦

1 Like

My D submitted AMC supplement (from RPI) on 12/20 and have heard nothing afterwards. Have people started getting AMC interview invites?

Thank you @ttb1263
Thatā€™s the same url I used to log in. I do see the application checklist, honors program info etc there. But there is no ā€œUpload Documentsā€ section. I reached out to the admission counselor. Waiting for the response.

@NoviceDad, should he mention about heard getting interviews at all or just status email not sure what he will write.

@muscarf

Have you received an interview invite from AMC, and if so when did you submit your supplement?

Yes, my child got it just a few minutes before the interview. Apparently this is done for security reasons. You are also expected to have the last 6 digits of your social security number for identification.

1 Like

No, he just submitted the AMC supplements few days ago.

Just want to add Seton Hall and CNU results are out. But those are kind of EAP programs.

My D received mail from Caldwell today. They are arranging interviews in Jan.

USF isnā€™t a traditional BS/MD in the sense that, as long as you are admitted to the Honors College (auto admit for National Merit students) and satisfy the GPA and test score requirements listed on the website, the BS/MD ā€œprogramā€ is a pathway you elect once youā€™re a freshman. It does have high requirements, but if youā€™re a FL resident it would make more sense than it did for me.

Info: 7-Year B.S./M.D. Program

1 Like

Did you get into Brown PLME ?

No, I didnā€™t, only into Brown undergrad. The only BS/MD programs I got into were UCF and USF, and then I interviewed with Tulaneā€™s.

Just call them and ask the status of your Sā€™s application. Have a peace of mind. One will not score/win all the time.

Are you going to join Brown UG ?

Yes, I applied last cycle. Iā€™m currently a First-Year at Brown.

1 Like

NJMS/Rutgers interviews were only on the 16th and 18th. I believe they are over

I was just informed that I wouldnā€™t be moving on the in the NJMS/Caldwell process.

1 Like

I suggest he writes something about his keenness about the program and wondering if there were any updates related to interviews or next steps.

1 Like

Thanks - will update my tracker.

For the TCNJ interview, anyone know why they sent documents with a list of students? Is it because we are picking interviewers orā€¦?