Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I am in the exact same position. No update form NJMS, but the NJIT website says that interviews are on a rolling basis and in no particular order. Apparently no news is good news at this stage.

We’re in the same boat

It seems as though they are in the process of reviewing the applications then and sending out interview calls. Some have received and some are waiting.

I wonder when TCNJ informs about whether the application has been forwarded to NJMS? Has anyone heard from TCNJ?

I think TCNJ informs at the end of this month or early February from what my D was told.

Does anybody know whether NJMS invites have gone out in batches in previous years or if most were sent at the same time?

My guess is probably in batches

He can apply to other state schools via early admissions. He can also apply to the BSMD programs as he had to submit applications within specific deadlines for the programs. We called and verified with the school to which he got accepted prior to submission to make sure we didn’t violate the REA rules.

1 Like

We are waiting to hear back from Rutger and Stevens also.

The best source of authentic information will be NJMS medical school admission office. Please call them up on Monday and ask these questions. Please post the answers to the benefit of others. Everyone else would be making a random guess here. The folks at NJMS would be glad to answer all your questions, IMO. You can even ask about your application to NJMS BSMD by giving your relevant information. Please note medical school adcoms meet only at specific scheduled times, not at the frequency you might think.

Does anyone know when GW starts giving interviews?

@Yashi123
The following is from Temple Honors website:
"Since we conduct holistic reviews, we do not have strict cut-off scores for admission. To give you a sense of how competitive our class is, our Fall 2020 Honors first-year students had an average high-school GPA of 3.95/4.0, an average SAT of 1441/1600, and an average ACT of 32. "
As a BSMD applicant SAT 1441 /ACT 32 should not be an issue but average high school GPA 3.95/4.0 may be.

1 Like

someone here mentioned mid-january

I have heard that sometimes Temple rejects good students even from Honors program if they know that those students are only interested in program and not the Temple honors itself. this gives them more seats for other students who only want to go to Temple Honors. Not a good rule, I know.

Unrelatedly, we did not apply after hearing that program’s interview in 4th year is very important and that BS/MD interview is brutal.

@docotorpenguin The LKSOM interview is during 3rd year Spring semester - March-April time period not 4th year.
Any student admitted to Temple Honors is taking 10 honors courses. No other requirements like a Honors Thesis etc.

Can any one share their experience with UAB EMSAP interview process?

@InspireTruth

NJMS interviews are rolling - interviews go up to mid-March.

Folks

NJMS, AMC and Upstate have rolling interview schedule that can go on till mid-March.

While it is natural to be anxious, stay calm and hand in there.

2 Likes

Did anyone heard recently from UIC GPPA Medicine class entering 2021 regarding CASPer test or interview?

@InspireTruth
Last year, Siena/AMC first batch of invites were sent in first week of Jan with interview dates after mid-Jan.

BU interview invite calls will likely continue for next 2 weeks.

1 Like