Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

TCNJ

FYI - TCNJ is turning around your common app within 3 days to give you the supplemental questions and two weeks to respond to those 5+3 questions, including a ridiculously long 1000 word essay.

If you are submitting today or have submitted in the last 3-4 days, be prepared for this supplemental application getting added to your Nov 15 deadline applications.

Boston university needs teacher evaluations. However when the student signs their name and sends it to the teacher , the teacher fillable areas dont appear as fillable

https://www.bu.edu/admissions/files/2018/05/Accelerated-Medical-Program-Teacher-Evaluation.pdf

How did you handle this ?

@highschoolinnj, I just downloaded this pdf myself and filled out the student portion. And then saved it on my desktop. I then reopened it and student portion was filled out (as expected). Then I typed something in the teacher portion of it and saved it again. When I pressed the Save button on the pdf, it prompts for “Save As”. So I saved it with a different name (you can also override the previous file). Now when I open the file again, both student portion and teacher portion that I filled before are correctly populated. For me, the teacher portion was fillable after I completed the student portion. So I think it is working fine. Try it yourself.

In the signature field of the FERPA section, did you attach a digital signature or just type your name?

Is it late to apply to UAB combined med program? Is there a preference for in-state applicants?

@med2021, I don’t know the deadline for UAB. People on this forum have indicated that they have in-state preference and then they take few students from neighboring states like TN, GA, MS. They post profiles of students on their webpage and reading those profiles supports the fact that they take instate and regional students.

@highschoolinnj, my D just typed her name on FERPA.

@NoviceDad when did these supplements come around or you? My D submitted a week ago and submitted all her qualification but hasn’t gotten any such essays

@mommis, My daughter submitted on 28th and she received the supplements on 10/31. I think few weeks ago they took 1 1/2 -2 weeks but now they are sending within 3-4 days.

Hey all, just got an email from Siena/AMC. Here is what they said.

“Thank you again for your application to the Siena College/Albany Medical College program. Because this is such a competitive program, we would like to get to know you better. Please schedule a Siena visit (there are virtual and in person options) as well as an interview before November 1”

They sent this email to me on November 1st, so I’m not sure what they mean when they say schedule an interview before 11/1. Did anybody get this email too?

Yeah I got it too. I had to do a preliminary interview with Siena to see if I would be a good fit for the program and my interviewer took notes to forward to admissions.

@rk2017
@Vicky2019
thank you for replying. I am still confused.
So, you apply to UG feeder first and THEN apply to LECOM? Will LECOM look at the student based on what college the student applies through?

@2018Summer2018 - LECOM application is not like BSMD applications. It is different!

Look at @NoviceDad mentioned in poster#1549 and I mentioned in #1541

You have to apply to both the undergrad feeder school and LECOM in parallel.

LECOM
Application to the LECOM EAP is separate from the application to the UG is via the link “Affiliated Undergraduate College Inquiry” found on the myLECOM Portal. (https://portal.lecom.edu/ics). In the LECOM application, you can enter upto 3 feeder schools.

FEEDER SCHOOL
When you apply to the feeder school, make sure you indicate you are interested in the BS/DO or EAP program with LECOM.
Choose your feeder schools from the below link-
See list of UG colleges - https://lecom.edu/content/uploads/2020/07/active-affiliates-10-23-20.pdf

Hope it is clear now?

Any opinion on USF Morsani bs md program for out of state applicant ?

@med2021 -

The Fall 2021 University of Alabama EMSAP application opens September 14, 2020 and the deadline to submit your application and all supporting documents is December 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.

So, it’s not too late. You have all of November to submit the application.

For EMSAP, there is no in-state preference

See FAQs for details -

https://www.uab.edu/students/academics/emsap/faq

@sam2024 - I didn’t notice any in-state preference. No harm in applying. Once you get in, you can compare with other options
before joining

They do have GPA, MCAT, and co-curricular benchmarks (Honors curriculum,
volunteering, Shadowing, Research, LORs and interview requirement which seems much more than other BS/MD programs

See link for details
https://www.usf.edu/honors/prospective-students/7-year-med.aspx

I am seeing application submitted on Oct 28-29 and receiving email on Oct 31/ Nov 1.

Thanks, @Vicky2019
You have laid it out well.

@sam2024 - USF is not truly a BSMD program. If you read details, you are just a regular premed student and if you complete all the requirements (which are very high), they guarantee that you will get an interview from Morsani (you have to apply ED to Morsani). They say - anyone who is admitted to Honors college can follow this path. There is not any set number of students.

Hi all, new to CC, joined because my daughter applied to programs. Anyone know when Union acceptances and supplemental will come out?