Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@mygrad2021 Agree - you can submit the BAMD portion directly.

If there are face-to-face interviews, feel both the campuses.
Otherwise, the Honors campus is smaller but closer to research facilities. It also has a liberal arts focus.
The main campus is bigger and has a typical college feel.

@Vicky2019 ,
thank you very much.
So, I can apply to LECOM and be accepted regardless of feeder school, but can be later denied by my feeder school? I am sorry if my questions sound silly

@Vicky2019 ,
LECOM will not look at my feeder schools and I can apply to LECOM and 10 (as an example) feeder schools at the same time?

@NoviceDad , Thanks! She finally found it. The email was bit weird so couldn’t locate the portal.

Has anyone received Pitt supplement yet? My D has not heard back yet. Also their student portal is not very intuitive. I don’t want her to miss any milestone. Can you share the portal link you use to check status of the application?

As @mom2boys1999 has shared earlier, you will be notified by early December.
Here is the relevant language on their website:

https://admissions.pitt.edu/guaranteed-admissions-programs/

Please note: If you are selected to continue in the GAP review process, you will be notified by early December. All applicants for this guarantee will be reviewed for nomination after the November 1 deadline. Please do not contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid or the School of Medicine regarding the status of your application. Only candidates who are selected to continue in the GAP review process will be notified. Additionally, due to the high number of quality applicants for this program, decisions cannot be appealed.

Any tips from those who have already interviewed at Siena?

Did anyone hear the latest about Cincinnati dual connections. Their website is still not updated.

@Smilescreen , I know. My daughter emailed them earlier and they said they were deciding on the timeline. Asked her to just keep checking the website. Most probably they cancel this year.

My daughter received acceptance to NJIT. They sent an email to check the portal about the decision but other than just ADMITTED status there is no further information about if her application is being reviewed for BS/MD. Is this going to take time?

@2018Summer2018 - No, LECOM EAP requires you to apply, pick affiliated UG feeder schools, and go through an interview.
In the UG feeder school UG application, you select LECOM EAP program as well.

For example: these are the steps if the feeder is Gannon University -

1. Apply and successfully be admitted to feeder schools UG , example Gannon University
  2. Submit an Early Acceptance Program Inquiry form available on the LECOM portal (https://portal.lecom.edu/ics).
  3. Select the Medical 3+4 Program from the drop down menu on the LECOM inquiry form and list Gannon University as one of the top three schools they are interested in attending. 4.Submit an Early Acceptance Program online application to LECOM. 5.Complete a successful admissions interview with LECOM. 6.Send email to LECOM communicating the decision to attend Gannon using Gannon email account. 7.Receive a provisional letter of acceptance from LECOM.

@2018Summer2018 - I think your confusion is due to the fact that BSDO program is different from usual BS/MD programs.

First of all, you should read on the LECOM EAP program. All the information is in the website/s itself.

Follow directions given to apply. Once you start applying, it will become clear

@mygrad2021 I got the acceptance yesterday too. On the website, it says that they’ll start interviews for ADHC in November-December from which they’ll forward applicants to NJMS. I’m also applying this year so I’m not entirely sure, but I’m just going off of what their website says.

@Vicky2019 ,
thank you for all the answers!

Thanks @ mygrad2021.
Bummer, one more down

@mygrad2021 and 9the0girl7 - when did you submit your application to NJIT?

@highschoolinnj , my daughter submitted on 25th and we received the decision yesterday.

Thanks @NoviceDad for your reply.

Do you know if UPitt will first indicate acceptance into the normal undergrad (like most other programs) before Dec. 1st ?

@anxiousfor7year

Yes, my son received his acceptance like two weeks after he applied to Pitt.

They should.