Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I heard even FAU gives $5000/year in addition to the tuition fee for the 4 years of undergrad if you’re NMF as their tuition fee s some $19000/yr and all Florida colleges give $25,000/yr to NMF.

FAFSA- Only able to add 10 colleges. But is the best approach to add more than 10.

This link walks you through how to add more: https://studentaid.gov/help/more-ten-colleges

@Smilescreen

FAFSA sends out two emails- 1 to confirm request and a second to let you know it has been processed and sent to schools. Wait for the second one.

You can then login back in, hit edit/make changes, and delete the 10 schools you originally had, add in 10 more. You don’t have to go through the whole form again- just scroll down the toggle arrows on the top and go to submit.

Just a heads up- if you make any changes to your FAFSA information, it won’t go to the schools you deleted. They only be the original file.

Don’t forget your CSS profile if the school needs it . That one is a pain in my opinion.

Hi ,
What does the NJIT acceptance advice/email mean? I got the feeling its just an acceptance to the regular college course and not yet an interview at NJIT for the BS/MD program? Any thoughts?

Hi, does anyone know if BU SMED sends confirmation emails for recommendation letters? My teachers say they emailed the letters to the email address provided on the website, but is there any way to confirm that BU got them?

@LargeTortoise , I would think that they will show up on the BU portal. My D has also asked 3 teachers and she is logging into the portal everyday to see if it shows up there. But it has not updated till today. May be there is delay on BU part.

@LargeTortoise

It shows on the portal.

I will add a strange scenario though we ran into:
At one time all 3 letters showed as still needing submission. Then all 3 dropped off that part but then only 2 showed up as received. So the language teacher’s letter didn’t show as missing and didn’t show as received. The Adcom said they didn’t know what happened but we had to have it resent. I priority mailed it as I was so worried it would go to the email abyss again!

Why hasn’t anyone mentioned UMKC’s BA/MD Program?

@speedyliv, maybe no one is applying this year but I remember people applied to this in the previous cycles. Many seniors on this thread discouraged that program as it’s just 6 years and I didn’t hear good things about it. 6 years is one of the reason we never tried to find more information about that program.

Thanks, @mom2boys1999 @NoviceDad.

My daughter has not heard anything, so that concerns me now :frowning:
Can you share the portal url you use for Pitt? I want to make sure she is looking at the right place. Thanks.

@speedyliv

Main reason there is an exclusive thread running for UMKC for 10+ years with a dedicated volunteer Doc who graduated from UMKC. Post anything related to UMKC in that thread.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/10493-umkc-6-year-bs-md-program.html#latest

This is where I got my decision: https://psmobile.pitt.edu/

@Futurdoc , when did you apply and when did you hear the decision. Even we haven’t heard anything. My daughter has been checking at my.pitt.edu. Is it not the right place?

Has anybody gotten interview invited from NJIT or Rutgers Newark yet. NJIT told me I got in (for undergrad) and that a formal letter of acceptance was delayed, but I haven’t heart about their BS/MD program yet.

Hi,

One question about information that we add in common app. When we apply to a college it lets you download the pdf version of submitted application. My D applied to Harvard and today while looking through pdf of that application, we accidently noticed that none of her test scores went to Harvard (Testing section is empty). We also noticed some other information (like religion, ssn etc) are present in some and are missing in some colleges. So do colleges pick and choose information from common app section? Can someone who applied to Harvard confirm that the testing section is empty?

Thanks.

Almost every one who applies for BSMD will be admitted to NJIT based on stats (SAT and UW GPA) alone.

There is a separate communication about setting up an interview slot with NJIT if selected for NJIT/BSMD interview. If you pass the NJIT/BSMD interview hurdle, there will be another communication from NJMS at a later date if selected by NJMS for an interview. It is a long process and have patience.

You can call UG admissions office and confirm whether test scores have been received. You can verify at College Board website when they were sent.

You are expecting too much here. You will probably not get a rejection letter if not selected for an interview by BU SMED.

Thanks, yeah I was expecting to get into NJIT anyway just based off my stats. Do you know when NJIT communicates regarding interview invitations and whether or not anybody has gotten one this cycle?