Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@bsmd1901

Yes, all VCU interview notifications are out. They invited ~64 students to the interviews (4 interview days)

@Mimic17

Any specific reason for your questions on me/my-DS? :slight_smile:

Thank you @RefreshingGel
Agree with you on Medicaid.
My observation was from my state/ hospital set up.

Re: Specialties: Did not realize professors “campaigned” on students behalf. I know LORs play a key role - did not realize about the above.

Thank you for the link.

@rk2017
Probably she does not like economics/ finance/ calculus.

@ZacharyGelfond
You have good knowledge of the specialities.
Probably someone close in your family is a doctor.

@Mahikesh
Refer to my earlier post / blog link on interviews.

@NoviceDad actually, nobody in my family is in any medical profession.

@GoldenStateDad how are you guys planning on preparing for the REMS interview?

I don’t know :wink:

Thank you @ZacharyGelfond, @RefreshingGel

@NoviceDad,

She did like and excel in Micro/Macro economics, Calculus. (5s in all APs and top scores in those classes). I also made her take Business 101, the joint high school and community college course in junior year :-). The only thing she did not try in high school was computer science but we didn’t anticipate any problem or dislike with that either.

The undergrad course I was referring was loaded in finance, economics, Math and Stats, Operations Research and computer science. She liked going medicine more than anything else first and secondly thought if she were to go through traditional route with this option, she won’t be able to do much medical related ECs considering how intensive it is.

Anybody know when Rowan sends interview invites @GoldenStateDad @NoviceDad

Anybody know how to prepare for SBU interviews?

@ZacharyGelfond
Than Triple Kudos to you !!!
???

@rk2017
That’s great.
Doesn’t this prove the point that kids pursue medicine not for money?

All the very best to her.

DD received an interview for Texas Tech UMSI program. Appreciate any feedback on the interview/program.
She also did an interview with NJIT back in December for NJIT/NJMS program - no result so far.

@ZacharyGelfond
No - I do not know when Rowan send interview invites.
I believe last year they had announced their results first week of March.
Back calculating, it means they should be sending out invites within the next 2 weeks.
Again, this is my guesstimate.

—————————

On a separate note:

How many invites have you received so far?

@noregrets

Reg REMS, we have not looked at it closely beyond what they stated (2 1-1 interviews, 2 group discussions). I would expect the 1-1 interviews like any standard interviews (perhaps one with UG prof and one with Med school etc), and the group discussions to be a typical exercise to see how one performs in a group/team setting.
You may want to look at previous years thread to see if anyone shared their experience.

@NoviceDad no invites, just 8 rejections. My low sat score seems to be my downfall for these programs. I thought my 3000 hours of clinical experience as an EMT would makeup for it. I interviewed at KPCOM at Nova southeastern as a backup. Hoping to go their with a full ride then apply out to MD schools in 3 years. My only hope at this point is rowan or south Alabama.

Shout out !!! do we have Hematology/Oncology expert here !!!

@ZacharyGelfond
Thanks.

All the best.

@ZacharyGelfond don’t loose your faith, admission process is nothing compare to profession you are pursuing and that is the bigger picture.

@PPofEngrDr exactly, plus DO bias is fading with the ACGME AOA merger. 8 more days till last AOA match!! “Just score well on step 1 and want whatever specialty you are pursuing with every fiber of your being.” - DO who matched ACGME Neurosurgery.