Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

I don’t know if being from Chicago Suburbs you would have less chances invited for NU - HPME Interview??

Northwestern is private so I don’t think they really care where their applications are from. They might just be evaluating the strength of each application and they haven’t gotten to yours yet. Idk what their exact process is but I’m sure being from a Chicago suburb puts you at no disadvantage

Thanks…@glossylamp

Are all candidates from njit forwarded to Njms? Or do they filter out?

@NoviceDad Thank you.

@bsmdchat20 PM me

what if more than one feeder school forwards your application to NJMS? Do you get called in twice for the interview? And if accepted do you get to decide which feeder school you attend?

NJMS: If you are forwarded by a feeder school, how likely is it that they invite you for interview?

[QUOTE=""]

Are all candidates from njit forwarded to Njms? Or do they filter out?

[/QUOTE]

@diaash,

What do you think?

Of course, they will forward only those they think have best shot of getting into NJMS.

@medgirl6,

You get invited to NJMS only once. If selected, you have the freedom of choosing which feeder school to attend for undergrad based on personal preference, course select-ability, awards,aid, proximity …

@zsxBSMD2019,

Any body’s guess!

@bsmdchat20,

Don’t think and remember anyone from the latest cycle posting that they got into UConn program. You may want to check the Results threads of 2016 and 2017, I am pretty sure some did, and PM them. Hopefully they will respond with any suggestions on time.

PS: If you never PMed before, you need to have minimum 15 posts before you can start posting, so check that. Create some fake posts if needed :)). Be sure you are in desktop mode to see the option enabled for you.

Reg VCU MMI format … I noticed some of you asked followup questions on how to prepare:

Note that unlike traditional 1x1 interview, the interviewer in MMI format will not have your profile, grades, ECs etc.and the intent is not to test your prior knowledge. It is to see how mature you are, how good are you at communication, and how you handle ethical situations. There might be one or two generic questions (why medicine)

Often times, there are no right or wrong answers and it all depends on how one responds and substantiates their response. Essentially, they want to make sure that they are making the right decision in guaranteeing a medical spot for 17-18 years old that is usually given to 22-23 yrs.

One key to success is to read the question slowly and clearly and make sure you understand it. Often times, it’s not very clear and ambiguous and it’s done intentionally to see how one interprets the situation.

Good luck to everyone attending VCU.

thanks @rk2017

@zsxBSMD2019 , @diaash
NJIT published their numbers for 2018 at: https://honors.njit.edu/sites/honors/files/ADHC-FAQs2018-2018Sep11_0.pdf
According to this, NJIT interviewed 110, then NJMS interviewed 48 of that, and offered to 19.

Thank you. @GoldenStateDad

@rk2017 Thanks for your input!

@RiceBits, it is not clear whether all 110 applicants are forwarded to NJMS

@NoviceDad Can you PM me, I am unable to send personal message

@bsmdchat20,

Below is the instruction that @GoldenRock had put in some time ago. Hope it helps.
Also check you have crossed posting 15 messages and you are in Desktop mode if you are using the cell phone to post.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21394398/#Comment_21394398

[QUOTE=""]

it is not clear whether all 110 applicants are forwarded to NJMS

[/QUOTE]

@bsmdchat20,

Even though it is not mentioned explicitly, and on purpose, the intent is clear. They want to call the top kids academically and extracurricular wise from the bunch (110/330), check out the students in person or skype in their own interview, judge their social skills, commitment, maturity, evaluate if they think the kids have a shot at NJMS and forward a subset ( number not given). My guesstimate would be around 75-80 hopefully.

Also from the FAQ wording, as I read, it looks they even look at the spread in the ACT composite. For example 34.5 is not the same as 35.25, though both of them equated to 35 on the score report.

@rk2017 I followed the instructions for PM, but somehow don’t see the Message button.

Also thanks for your input on NJIT/NJMS selection. Waiting to hear from NJMS.

I would recommend logging out from your CC account and relogin.