Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

fingers crossed for HPME interview :slight_smile:

Are all Cincinatti invites complete

@bsmdbamd it is little late as catching up thread from weekend. BS/MD programs my experience is relatively low as well even though went through cycle last year for my younger one, year b4 it was my elder son who is doing CS at U of I in Urbana-Champaign. and not expecting another one until GK (Grand Kids, introducing another lingo).
My son was not for MD route well after into admission decision cycle. Hence he had applied to UGs, only 4 BS/MD (UMKC, PPM, PPSP, GPPA), BME engineering. None of East Coast BS/MD programs (I would admit, should he be more decisive b4 application phase he may had applied to more BS/MD programs).
As far as to address your concern about ranking, I am bias to HPME (being him in NU UG), so far what we have seen it seems HPME is a wonderful program, don’t have an experience with east coast programs admission process, I tend to go with input from other parents/applicants who had gone through that experience.
UMKC we had toured twice, including regional interview, somehow he had feeling something is not right and from a parent point of view, got similar feeling (when college people, facing applicants and families, are not forthcoming and dodge questions from multiple parents, you know something is not right). Based on UG experience my son is having at NU, I am certain that he would burn with UMKC load.
If you are IL resident, GPPA is a much better program then UMKC.
What I have noticed so far is that applicants who are first timer in medical field route are taking more cautious approach then applicants who has an existing medical facility available to manage (very close family member is already running an independent clinic) and they are willing to jump into any BS/MD program. So personal situation become as important as other factors.

Just an update for Umkc OOS applicants… they invited 90 (oos) applicants to interview for 10-12 seats.1:9 ratio.

@whitecane - thank you for the info! its crazy…usually its 1:2 or 1:3 ratio for interviews…

@whitecane how is the MMI at UMKC could you provide any info…

@bamd yeah exactly we also have the same feeling crazy…1:9 is too much crossing our fingers…
@sajju786 D slot is from afternoon so as of now no info available but be prepared for a fit competition this cycle atleast for umkc.

@whitecane thanks…wow tough competition 1:9…

@whitecane thanks, May be they are calling more because of competition or less people are really coming for interview?

@PPofEngrDr thank you for your thoughtful comments!

Does the Augusta BS/MD program have BS/MD interviews or you get the decision with out the interviews?

@RUA - as of last year, direct notifications and no interviews…

@bamd Thank you!!

Anybody going to the FAU interview Wednesday?

Never seen 1:9 ratio so far. Just crazy like someone said.

In past 2 years, a number of new things have happened.

@MaMaTEN
Which university is this?

@NoviceDad It is the new program with Upstate Medical. The acceptance letter needs to be signed and returned in 14 days of receipt. We will not be ready to answer by then, so I was hoping some people on this forum would have information to share regarding this? If this has never happened to anyone can anyone share the normal situation of what occurs with the medical school communications / forms? We need to send a follow up email and I would like us to cover all our bases and not lose the opportunity at the same time.

I was referring to UMKC oos interview calls.

@bsmdadmit I’m going to the FAU interview on Friday. Do you have any idea about the dress code?