Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@OldSchoolMD
I, personally, would prefer the medical schools I listed over Brown.

However, If you are looking for liberal arts undergrad, Brown scores over many of those colleges. And it provides good medical school education. That may tip the scales in its favor of PLME.

@bsmdbamd
You should hear from Baylor in the next 2-3 days. If selected, be prepared for interviews next week.

@bsmdbamd Congratulations!

[QUOTE=""]
who went in to BA/DO program with LECOM 4 years back was informed 2 weeks back she can not join. Still I have not understood the full story and root causes. But it appeared there is so much communication gaps from both LECOM

[/QUOTE]

@GoldenRock,

@DSOF20192023 recently gave a similar account with Pitt, where they refused entry into the med school for someone who was supposedly in their direct med path (not for academic or similar reasons) 

@OldSchoolMD, @NoviceDad,

Brown’s program may suit better who may change minds on whether or not to continue on medical path, while still providing the assurance if they continue. If half way through they want to switch to business or law or such, the brand name will be helpful down the road. Also Brown is relatively easy going to study at among Ivies.
Anyways all this may not mean much since it is almost impossible for ORMs to get in there.

Does (Rice)/Baylor prefer Texas residents ?

Does anyone know when TCNJ/NJMS decisions are expected? Was wondering if I should expect them by April 1st or at a later date

@rk2017

strange brown and ORM doesn’t go together.

@deepleswar At my NJMS interview I was told we would get a phone call next week from TCNJ if we were accepted. Not sure if it’s exactly April 1st but I think it will be around that time.

@mk1901 ok thanks! If we aren’t accepted, do they still call or is it just acceptances that get notified? And they said week of April 1st, not this current week right?

@deepleswar I think it’s just acceptances who are notified, though I may be wrong.

And yes, I believe it would be next week. I think NJMS is still finishing up interviews this week.

@medadmin2019 R/B is open to all. One of the best BS/MD program. GL.

True, but what are the odds of getting into R/B with an intake of 6? So better have realistic expectations.

Also, by this year’s match results for Baylor, 44% matched into Primary care and 50% if Ob/Gyn is included. Something may have to factor in if you are picky. But huge cost benefit relative to other med programs.

@PPofEngrDr,

Ivy admission policies put ORM candidates at a huge disadvantage. We see kids making it there once in a while, but few and far in between. Someone from D’s HS made it in 2018 cycle.
Hopefully the ongoing law suits may change some of that.

@rk2017 lol i was saying humorously brown, not Brown.

@PPofEngrDr, Lol, got it, didn’t realize on the first pass. BTW ORM is just not brown only :wink:

Disclaimer: I have not spent any time on anything related to DO schools and BA/DO programs.
Last week some parent reached out to me and informed that her Child who went in to BA/DO program with LECOM 4 years back was informed 2 weeks back she can not join. Still I have not understood the full story and root causes. But it appeared there is so much communication gaps from both LECOM and the Student and the the sequence and why LECOM asked the student to apply thru the process when MCAT was not taken. Now technically the student has gone the application cycle once with AACOMAS.

Can you please share the name of the college?

[QUOTE=""]
latest MCAT stats for top schools.

Median MCAT scores for 2017-18 matriculated students–

[/QUOTE]

@srk2017

I shared this link some time ago and believe is the latest. You will be surprised to find the “selectivity Index” and acceptance rates of WashU despite the high stats. (You can sort on any field of your choice but the default is this index they calculated some how)

https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/medical/med-selectivity-index

Anyone going to the Augusta BS/MD for Fall 2019?

@RUA,

Looks like you got into Augusta program, don’t remember seeing your post on that. Congratulations!

Rice/Baylor interview invitations are out. My DS got one! Congrats to everyone who got in today. We’ll most likely decline it

@rk2017 - I believe the one I posed was released couple of days back only. As per Washu, may be because of the location lot of high stats kids don’t matriculate there.