Time Sensitive Question: Choice of Undergraduate Major in UC Application?

Hi,

When applying to a tough school (ex: Cal, UCLA etc), is there any research available on which major is best to apply to ?
I ask this because my S’s final goal is Med school but he wans to apply to different majors for Undergrad: like for example, he is interested in Public Health and Economics and Physics. So is there any report/document that kind of tells us which major is easy to get into which school?
Especialy for Berkeley since there is no provision for Alternate Major also.
I would appreciate an early response as he plans to submit the application tonight.

Thanks!

For UCLA/UCB especially, all majors are competitive. There are no statistics based on acceptance rate by major for these schools. My advice is that he should choose the major that most interests him. All these majors are in the College of L&S and they admit to the college, not by major so it really will not make a difference. If he plans to pursue a Medical School career, “easy” should not be a consideration since getting into Medical school and competing with all the Pre-Meds at these UC’s is going to be very hard.

From the UCB website:

For applicants to majors in the colleges of Letters and Sciences, Natural Resources, Chemistry and Environmental Design, major is not considered.