Tips for the CBHP Weekend?

@springy179, thanks for helping introduce her to such a fabulous program! With travel taking a full day, it seems like it would be extremely difficult to come home for occasional ‘regular’ weekends without missing classes on Friday and/or Monday. How has that worked for you? Or do you mainly come home during holidays and breaks?

Does anyone know when they notify finalists whether they are accepted?

Last year it was mid-March

Has anyone received reimbursement for their travel expenses yet?

@SFBayMama‌ I have not been home for any “regular weekends.” The travel does take at least 6-8 hours, but over Fall Break I left early in the morning and was home by noon PST. I travelled home for Fall Break and Winter Break, and could have also gone home for Thanksgiving Break but decided to spend it with friends instead. My family is coming here for their Spring Break so I will see them then.

I do have in-state friends who go home every other month or so for family occassions, but for the most part people only leave campus for holiday weekends anyway. Plus, spending weekends on campus leads to so many more fun memproes with friends! Still, with Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Winter Break, and Spring Break, it is feasible to go home 4 times throughout the year if your daughter chooses.

@springy179 Thanks. That sounds similar to what I am hearing from my friends whose kids are in-state - except for those who are only an hour or two away. The ones in So Cal only come home (to Nor Cal) on breaks, as you said.