Tmobile service at VT

<p>How is the quality of cell reception with tmobile on and around campus? Currently have tmobile, but will switch to verizon if I have to</p>

<p>I have tmobile, made it through the past three years with it and have gotten along fine. I’ve had a non-smartphone, Google G2, and now have an iPhone. Service definitely improved alot once I got a smartphone. If you have anything but the iPhone, you can also use wifi calling/texting in places you don’t have regular service (it really sucks that iphone doesn’t have wifi calling capability).</p>

<p>There are a lot of places on campus that don’t get service. If you’re underground (partially or fully - like in Newman Hall or the first floor of Torg) you definitely won’t get service. Here’s some other places on campus that I don’t get service: McBryde, New Hall West, Turner Place/Lavery Hall, sometimes in the Graduate Life Center, Litton Reeves, Mccomas. Also don’t get service in places around Blacksburg, like the Math Empo or Kroger. In Christiansburg I can’t get service if I’m inside Walmart or Target (other stores in cburg are fine). If you move off campus, there are a few apartment complexes I can’t get service in either, like Terrace View, Foxridge, Smith’s Landing - just from my experience.</p>

<p>Like I said, I bypassed it on campus with the wifi calling feature, but that doesn’t work for stores and places without wifi off campus.</p>

<p>My 2013 graduate managed with Tmobile for 4 years. Agree with most of above, although he lived in Foxridge 2 years ago and he did get service, but a it was a bit spotty. Started with a non-smartphone, then Windows phone, then Android.</p>

<p>Have an iphone right now. Also waiting to see what’s released in the near future from apple. That might get me to switch to verizon. </p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2</p>

<p>Verizon is without a doubt the best cell phone provider in Blacksburg. They get good service everywhere in Blacksburg and you also get 4G LTE access while on campus.</p>