Told admissions letter was a mistake - what the heck?

<p>Yes, he knows what is missing. Just waiting for everything to arrive and be recorded. Hopefully the next big envelope will be for real! </p>

<p>momreads - thanks for sharing your stories. Will tell son to be sure to double check everything. Never realized how lucky older child was that everything went so smoothly!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Scholarships are guaranteed so there is really no guess work. Once he gets everything in he needs to, he’s good to go.</p>

<p>rip, re-watch The Big Lebowski for the kind of bowling words I was talking about. And although I wasn’t taught this in Confirmation, I’ve been told that some young people a million years ago (in certain private schools) were warned that crossing ones legs was kind of a mute button for a prayer.</p>

<p>More seriously now. </p>

<p>DS comes from a highly-regarded college-prep HS, had a mediocre GPA, a mediocre SAT, and a terrific ACT. Not the case for GraniteStateMom, thank goodness. </p>

<p>If we had received a false acceptance letter that was quickly rescinded, it’s very possible DS would have not taken the Bama tour, chosen that other school (bless their hearts), and he wouldn’t be thriving today at Bama, one of his top schools.</p>

<p>I hope the school is taking this mistake seriously. It’s easy to dismiss a snafu with a NMF rockstar candidate. It’s heartbreaking to think that a borderline kiddo out there with UA as his/her Dream School will be given false hope, then crushed.</p>

<p>Mistakes happen, I’m sorry UA’s error left you and your son with a negative vibe from a school that I still can’t believe is as wonderful as it first seemed.</p>

<p>When my Dd applied for Emerging Scholars, I read on CC that notices were sent to those accepted were received, so we thought she was not accepted when she did not receive the email/letter. After reading on CC that those rejected had received their notification as well and we had not received anything DD contacted UA (I have to say we waited awhile thinking it was coming). I was so impressed with the response apologizing for their mistake, and she was accepted to Emerging Scholars (and loves it!) Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Momreads, my daughter also received the email saying she did not meet the requirements for admission to the HC, only to receive an apology email a little bit later. An acceptance email came shortly thereafter. In addition, two years ago when my son applied to UA, they had his GPA listed as being much lower than we knew it to be. He requested that they recalcuate it and they did… Whew! Scary moments, but everything worked out for both of my kids. :)</p>

<p>Yes, he knows what is missing</p>

<p>Ok…so has that missing item been sent in? If so, then his admission will be very soon.</p>

<p>We didn’t have any issues with admissions office. We had a small issue with a dual enrollment course, but it was rectified when it was brought to the registrar’s attention. When you call, someone answers the phone and issues get resolved quickly. We have had a particularly good experience with housing an have found them very accomodating. The honors college has been great too.</p>

<p>“Ok…so has that missing item been sent in? If so, then his admission will be very soon.”</p>

<p>The missing items were sent in before he received the acceptance letter, or more accurately perhaps, requested to be sent in from CB and his HS. I’m sure all will be sorted out soon.</p>