Too late for the National Hispanic Recognition Program?

<p>Ok so I took the PSAT last year and I'm hoping to be recognized with the NHRP award. However, I'm not sure if I checked the 'Hispanic' box on the PSAT (I'm only half Hispanic, so I'm kind of inconsistent in these matters), so I'm wondering if I can still go to my guidance counselor once school starts to have my status changed. The website says I can do so, I'm just wondering if it's too late. Does anyone know? entomom perhaps? Thanks</p>

<p>I dunno; my guidance counselor tried calling a few months ago and they said to email them…but she hasn’t heard back. If whatever you do works though, please let me know :slight_smile: Best of luck!</p>

<p>ok I’m gonna keep checking back</p>

<p>bump … where is entomom? lol she usually has all the answers</p>

<p>Just call and ask (NHRP, not entomom!) :D</p>

<p>lol ok ill try that</p>

<p>I e-mailed them and they told me that it’s not too late to sign up, you just have to tell your counselor to send them an e-mail at <a href="mailto:nhrp@collegeboard.org">nhrp@collegeboard.org</a>.</p>

<p>Yea!</p>

<p>I’ve called the office before, and the woman I spoke to was very nice.</p>

<p>Hey Bindo, sorry but I’ve been on vacation all week. Glad you found out the answer to your question, and that NHRP seems to be pretty liberal about accepting students that didn’t mark Hispanic on their PSAT.</p>

<p>thanks entomom =)</p>