Too much partying?

I am from WA and am considering attending the University of Arizona. I plan on majoring in some field of business and am doing ELITE as well as the emerging leaders llc. I am a guy and want to join a fraternity. Arizona is a pretty big party school. Will i be pressured all the time to drink and smoke? Are there cool fraternities that wouldn’t make me drink lots of alcohol. I want to have fun at college but am concerned I will be pressured to do things I don’t want to do. Please share your experience at the U of A and give your opinion. Thanks

Hey there,

I am also from WA and attend the UA.

While UA does have that rep, it’s just like any other major public university (UW and WSU party just as hard, believe me). It’s up to you, but in my opinion it is hard to participate in Greek life without being pressured (or require) to drink and party during at least your first year. There are plenty of ways to have fun here, just find the way that is most appropriate for your goals and morals! Find friends who like to have a good time but won’t pressure you into doing things you don’t want to.

Bear down!

^