Transcripts

I’m currently stressing over when to send transcripts and if I need to send transcripts. My counselor told me to request transcripts through Naviance as soon as I submit my application but I saw yesterday that certain colleges do not require transcripts if you haven’t accepted admission. And for a school like Penn State, they have the SRAR which is like the transcript. So i’m kind of stuck on what to do.

Are you asking for VT? This year VT is allowing you to self report course work and grades through the Coalition App which links to SRAR automatically. No need to send transcripts unless you are accepted and plan to attend.

@racereer Ok thank you, VT is my first choice. Also this is my first time applying so when I submit my application is there like a status update screen or something?

My son did his last year so I don’t remember exactly, but the coalition app should let you know that it has been successfully submitted.

Also from what I remember, a few days after submitting the application you should get an email from VT that says it has been received and information on setting up your VT account so you can check status.